Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - Brighton signings.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm actually shocked that the ignorant great oaf actually mentioned a team other than West frigging Ham. I personally wouldn't believe a word he says about anything.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Talksport hehe

agreed, but after a few completely no news days, stupid threads on here and wild speculation its at least a change to have some form of outside media specualtion to talk the arse out of.

beats PSB's made up bollox and xxxx seen in (insert town in sussex)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He said we're def NOT signing Rhodes when the rumours were pretty strong. He seemed the first to say it. And it's gone quiet since. He must have some good sources surely? (and some bad ones)

My personal opinion is that Rhodes doesn't fit the profile of what we're looking for. I've no doubt he's a very decent young player, but his only experience is in the third division (yes I know he had a short spell at Ipswich but he didn't play much). He's not huge, he's quick, and a poacher. That, on paper, is what Mackail-Smith does- and what I hope he will do with a lot more regularity next season.

Everything I've heard in the last few days all points to Poyet looking up rather than down for the next two or three signings...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He said we're def NOT signing Rhodes when the rumours were pretty strong. He seemed the first to say it. And it's gone quiet since. He must have some good sources surely? (and some bad ones)

Those rumours were all started on here though, nothing from anyone of note suggested it really had any substance to it. The stupid twitter rumour/transfer accounts have exploded this summer and once one of them picks up on a rumour, they all copy it.

Reckon Poyet will surprise us again with a name that no one has mentioned, like Bruno.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Moose was claiming Zaha was going to West Ham the other week. Turned out to be complete bollocks.

I wouldn't regard him as a reliable source. In fact I'm on the brink of unfollowing, there's only so many pictures of dinners and buffets I can take.

I unfollowed that absolute gimp about a month ago. All he ever posts is photos of the buffets he attends (pretty clear why he's so fat) or of himself with famous footballers. All of whom probably stick their headphones and start walking away very quickly as soon as the tubby funster hoves into view....ooops, too late.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I agree with Edna regarding Rhodes. He is less exciting than CMS was (in my view) prior to signing and would cost double at least. If we chucked money around on strikers like Leicester did last year then I'd say why not but we don't and we shouldn't. Where I differ (from everyone seemingly) is that I don't understand the preoccupation with a "target man" to help CMS. Vicente is the man to help CMS, we need someone to partner Bridcutt as THE priority. Or Vicente and Buckley behind CMS with a strong midfield three. We do have options.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it's:

Ian Abrahams ‏[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT
[MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock all I can say about Brighton's signings right now is that I think Brighton fans will be excited​

I just read that as referring to the signings we've already made, which excites me.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
For clarity, I am not saying don't sign a striker. I am saying don't prioritise a target man type, it isn't the only option.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Mosse is a complete moron. He normally announces a scoop a week after everyone else has heard it already and then says he cant name his sources. He does talk about Brighton a bit but probably because he said we had the best food in the Championship last season!

BUT one thing that does give this tweet a bit of credibility to me is that he and Paul Camillin obviously get on as they have regularly tweeted each other over the last season. So maybe he has been told something.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
How do you know what Gus wants ? In the end he may go for 'something different' but at the moment physicality is at the top of the wish list.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
mousse is very well connected, may come across as a dick but he is a very shrewed operator ,had a good natter with Ronny Irani about him, although they take the piss out of him they respect him works like a dog to get his info.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
How do you know what Gus wants ? In the end he may go for 'something different' but at the moment physicality is at the top of the wish list.

I don't "know" I am going by what he has stated publicly:

“The idea now is to make sure we cover the power in midfield we missed last year and then the target man up front which we have been looking for and which has been very difficult to find.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
As I said on another thread, he answered my tweet pretty quickly and has done so with a lot of other people. So, when a new rumour pops up here just ask him! Assuming he's not as unreliable as a couple of people are saying.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I see the confusion now, I didn't mean Gus is in the small minority, I have worded it poorly. I meant I am in a small minority and am aware that Gus doesn't agree. Apologies for the ambiguity.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Those rumours were all started on here though, nothing from anyone of note suggested it really had any substance to it. The stupid twitter rumour/transfer accounts have exploded this summer and once one of them picks up on a rumour, they all copy it.

Reckon Poyet will surprise us again with a name that no one has mentioned, like Bruno.

If Poyet manages to sign a striker who HASN'T been mentioned at all on here I'll be impressed!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
If it's:

Ian Abrahams ‏[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT
[MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock all I can say about Brighton's signings right now is that I think Brighton fans will be excited​

I just read that as referring to the signings we've already made, which excites me.

Me too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here