Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk Sport on Gus

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kev makes up anything he likes to satisfy his slavering, lustful anti-poyet agenda. 6m on cms (2.5m), ulloa (2m), buckley (1m) and hoskins (500k). Then there's Crofts (300k), lualua (500k), noone (250k), greer (250k), dobbie (350k), harley (300k). He's spent about 8/9m TOPS - which over four seasons isn't a huge amount compared to the rest of the division. I've come to the conclusion that poyet should (and will) now go, but that's as a result ofthe relationship deteriorating beyond repair - but Kev has wanted him out for years, because he's foreign. Facts to the contrary of Kev's opinion are gleefully ignored and discarded, in favour of purposefully inflammatory voxpops from one of the biggest bellends around, Adrian Durham. Some people aren't worth listening to because they're simply incapable of reasoned discussion. They just repeat the same old clichés, louder and louder, and hope it makes them right.

Smashed it. Top post, completely dismantled the ramblings of an idiot.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Anyone hear Jason Cundy and Goughie on TS earlier today bout 6pm, JC was pro-Poyet bigging him up for top jobs and even the England under 21's job :facepalm:

Did anyone ring in to defend the club's stance as I had to turn it off?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Anyone hear Jason Cundy and Goughie on TS earlier today bout 6pm, JC was pro-Poyet bigging him up for top jobs and even the England under 21's job :facepalm:

Did anyone ring in to defend the club's stance as I had to turn it off?

Was wondering the same, I turned it off after they said they offered fans to ring in. It's always good cop bad cop TalkSport, they do it to create debate, even when they know they are talking sh!t. Glad Goughie talked some sense though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Kev's statement reads to me that Gus has spent this much since his arrival and I have to admit I am struggling to find that figure.
I would say that since we have been in the Championship Gus has spent half that figure at least, on CMS, Buckley, Hoskins, Ulloa and Dobbie.
This is without knowing how much he spent on Harley and LuaLua.
Add to this the signing on fees that he would have been paid out for Vicente, Crofts, Orlandi, Lopez, Bruno and Kuszczak. The fee's involved in bringing Bridge, Hammond and Upson to the Amex and at least four loan deals the previous season, on top of this. Then Gus really has had huge financial support in the Championship when you compare it to Palace and Watford.
Assuming Kev is talking about since Gus has been here, then you must add the signing of Noone, Barnes and Greer, But I am still struggling to reach 12 mill.
But I say again in my opinion he has had huge financial support with what else the club has had to be pay out for during that time. TB has really backed the selfish tw*t to the hilt, if that is the point Kev is trying to get over.

I find it really funny when people compare our spending to other teams yet ignore the facts when doing that. How would you compare us to Watford who had their pick of Udinese reserves? How much would they have cost if they didn't have to buy them?

As for Palace, the difference between us and them in the play offs was Zaha who they didn't spend any money on as he came through their academy. In the future, we can hope to match that when our academy is up and running but at the moment it is difficult.

We also went up with a very good league 1 side and had to spend money to compete. When you consider Rhodes went to Blackburn for £8 million you realise that we haven't spent too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here