Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk Sport on Gus

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I can just imagine Barber pacing about the board roam waiting for this to come on..........with a speed dial to the clubs lawyers at the ready.........looking out over the pitch......thinking about starting smoking....heheh

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Ive just called in to express my views said they will call back if the subject turns away from Kinnear at Newcastle.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Maybe Paul Barber rang up and said if they say anything that resembles speculation he will sue their ass.
Worse, Bozza told them a Nsc ban was in the offing if they mentioned anything remotely close to speculation.......

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Given that hawksbee and Jacobs script write for harry hills tv burp, I hope it ends up like this.

Well I like tony bloom, but I also like Gus poyet. But whose gonna win. There's only one way to find out

Fiiiiiiggggghhhhttt

Lets face it, it can't be any less dignified than what going on now.

I think Gus might win that one. :catfight:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They said that a few weeks ago on H&J , then ended up talking to Tony Cottee instead about the Moose wearing a tight fitting West Ham shirt.

Riveting it was...........:tosser:

That reminded me why I never listen to TalkSport. An hour of my life I'll never get back.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Durham just said the LMA should keep out of it and slated their comment that he "couldn't make the hearing".

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
People

I have tweeted Paul Hawksbee and asked why the no show re the Brighton article:
He had the decency to reply : Sorry, the producer had someone lined up but they let us down.

No reason to disbelieve that and hope that clears up the talksport end of things.

Nuit tous et chacun

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
If you want to listen to sports news particularly Soccer TalkSport is the only station i am aware of,I do know about 5Live but only has odd items on sport during the day

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
People

He had the decency to reply : Sorry, the producer had someone lined up but they let us down.

No reason to disbelieve that and hope that clears up the talksport end of things.

Nuit tous et chacun

Seems to be catching.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Who gives a toss as to what they think?

Agree with that - BUT...

We now appear to be in a PR battle, as well as a legal one. Poyet being slagged off with a few million people listening won't do the Club's image any harm.

Him appearing on MOTD was a big mistake IMO - no time to read the Charges, but time to get on the box and make a few quid.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I can just imagine Barber pacing about the board roam waiting for this to come on..........with a speed dial to the clubs lawyers at the ready.........looking out over the pitch......thinking about starting smoking....heheh

Really?

You must be a nutter.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So getting us out of the rear end of League 1 in his first season, winning it in the next, finishing 10th in our first season back in the championship and then making the play-offs the season after has all been "average" :facepalm:

With what he has spent, that could be argued. I was totting it up the other day with a fellow fan. We got to in excess of £12m on transfer fees and that's without the free transfers where we haven't got a clue what was paid in signing on fees,,,ie TK, Vicente etc.......but I forgot that's bullshit again, because he has had such a shite budget.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
People

Nuit tous et chacun

It looks like Gus didn't turn up for that one either!

Aug 23, 2011
With what he has spent, that could be argued. I was totting it up the other day with a fellow fan. We got to in excess of £12m on transfer fees and that's without the free transfers where we haven't got a clue what was paid in signing on fees,,,ie TK, Vicente etc.......but I forgot that's bullshit again, because he has had such a shite budget.

The numbers are fairly meaningless without comparing it to other clubs spending.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

With statements like this I guess you'll have to point out how you got to 'in excess of 12m on transfer fees' then, because thats clearly bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here