Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taliban showing how hard they are

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
There is a big difference between using drones that may accidently kill civilians and walking into a school and killing 110 defenceless children in cold blood. This attack was not in retaliation to anything the west have done. The Taliban claim it is because the Pakistani military have attacked their children. Nothing to do with drones. How anyone can think of an excuse for this act of pure evil is beyond me.

A very good point, there IS no connection or correlation between this dreadful killing of children by the Taliban and drone strikes but DIP likes to think he's joined the dots and discovered one. He hasn't its just yet another case of him thinking he's being very clever and intelligent alas the vast majority of his posts tend to prove the complete opposite.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
There is a lot of comments on here which make hard reading. The people of Pakistan are suffering really bad right now. I've spoken to my friend over there is this is 'on a par with 9/11' (I'm quoting them).
There is a place for discussions on drones, the Taliban and war, but for me this isn't it.

The smallest coffins are always the heaviest.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The amount of ignorance on this thread is impressive, even for NSC.

- religion is not the cause of atrocities like these, as they are almost always geopolitical issues, more often than not these days exacerbated by conflicts in the Middle East

How on earth you can claim the Pakistani Taliban are not religiously motivated after they continuously preach they wish to overthrow the authorities and bring in Sharia Law is frankly nuts. Everything they do has a religious angle.This is the worst kind of apologist claptrap.

Well done for bringing the middle east in to the equation as an excuse for this barbaric act.When these freaks were running around the school screaming their snackbars and murdering children do you honestly think they were concerning themselves with the geopolitical ramifications or past conflicts in the middle east.......no,they were thinking education is perverse according to their beliefs and slaughtering children,especially those of people that fight against Islam is Allahs wish(according to them),hence the school is some sort of legitimate target because of the ongoing conflict in Pakistan.

seriously chap get a grip.These people are sick evil religious nutters.......in instances like this there is no room for excuses.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There is a big difference between using drones that may accidently kill civilians and walking into a school and killing 110 defenceless children in cold blood. This attack was not in retaliation to anything the west have done. The Taliban claim it is because the Pakistani military have attacked their children. Nothing to do with drones. How anyone can think of an excuse for this act of pure evil is beyond me.

As a point of order, American drone killed a Pakistani Taliban leader in Pakistan yesterday.
Of course this is a hideous attack onn innocents, and a result of whatever the Pakistan army has been rightly doing in the tribal territories..that seems to be a message of, kill our children, we will kill yours. Nobody has condoned or excused it. There have been virtually daily suicide bombings in Pakistan since their offensive started, and these suicide bombings have killed hundreds of civilians since the summer. This attack is the latest. Who knows, it may as they are suggesting, bring the country together, and defeat the taliban.

D

Deleted member 22389

fing religion, just keep these tossers away from the UK and deport any non British who are living in this country who have this same warped mindset. We don't want them, we don't need them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hate to break it to you buddy, as much as the "snackbar" propaganda you read convinces you that Muslims are going to kill us all in the name of Allah, this was also a politically motivated act.

To summarise for you: It was an attack by the Taliban from a tribal belt of Pakistan on a military run school as a retaliation of having their own families brutalised and killed by the military earlier in the week.

It is your personal choice to ignore these facts and furiously denounce Islam like all the other racist nutters on this website. Pakistan already has something close to Sharia law - to suggest this atrocity has much to do with religion is horribly obtuse, and dangerous.

"racist nutters"? Coming from someone that seems to defend the real "nutters ". Thankfully the "racist nutters on this website " have not committed the backward and barbaric atrocities that those following the religion of peace have.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hate to break it to you buddy, as much as the "snackbar" propaganda you read convinces you that Muslims are going to kill us all in the name of Allah, this was also a politically motivated act.

To summarise for you: It was an attack by the Taliban from a tribal belt of Pakistan on a military run school as a retaliation of having their own families brutalised and killed by the military earlier in the week.

It is your personal choice to ignore these facts and furiously denounce Islam like all the other racist nutters on this website. Pakistan already has something close to Sharia law - to suggest this atrocity has much to do with religion is horribly obtuse, and dangerous.

I hate to break it to you Mustafa but the Pakistan Taliban do have previous with regard to destroying schools and murdering children .

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2012/jun/26/pakistan-education-swat-valley-taliban

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/09/taliban-pakistan-shoot-girl-malala-yousafzai

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This thread is awful.

I would like to think that the majority of people agree that;
- Killing children is wrong.
- Burning people alive is wrong.
- Killing any innocent person regardless of the context is wrong.
- Committing atrocities in the name of any ideological belief is wrong.

Various ideologies are behind most atrocities. In the instances where it is not an ideology, then it's usually people who have severe mental health issues.
Sometimes both.

It's very easy to find examples where people who are driven by ideological beliefs that are not based on Islam have committed atrocities.

Why people have to resort to point scoring is beyond me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course, they're scum. We are absolutely right to denounce them, and destroy them by any means necessary.

The problem I have is the wrongful association people are making between the Taliban and Islam in general.

As I pointed out in a previous post, it isn't just the Taliban. Boko Haram in Nigeria have exactly the same agenda. Some Muslims see education as a western abomination, especially for women. It's easier to control with power when the masses are uneducated.

Please note that I said some Muslims.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Of course, they're sub-human scum. We are absolutely right to denounce them, and destroy them by any means necessary.

The problem I have is the wrongful association people are making between the Taliban and Islam in general.
You cannot separate it Mustafa.......the core of the issues in the tribal areas are absolutely rooted in religious conflict,.....the traditionally dominant shia landowner classes are now being overpowered by the sunni sects supported by the very aggressive sunni militants and jihadi motivated clerics.

Central government tries to control this conflict of course, but gets caught between a rock and a hard place, as we have seen this week.

Religion Mustafa, you don't need me to tell you about the Sunni vs Shia emnity.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Hate to break it to you buddy but you are completely wrong. This was not political, the Taliban are about as close to being a political movement as Sami Hyppia is to becoming manager of the month. the Taliban's entire existence and philosophy centres on its extreme form of violent and murderous Muslim extremism, everything it does is, according to the Taliban itself, in the name of Allah and Islam. And your claim that we are all racist nutters on here shows you up to be what you really are, a pathetic and unconvincing mouthpiece for muslim terrorism, you should be ashamed of yourself. The problem with Islam like every other religion is that it is an ancient medieval concept largely based on mythical legends and fanciful stories designed and warped to subjugate and control the masses and like all religion it is no longer relevant and has no place in a modern society. Unfortunately there are still billions of people in the world that believe in this crap but Islam in particular seems to be one of the worst affected religions in terms of how it seems unable to accept any other religion other than its own and has fractured itself into dozens of different factions and strands all with opposing views. Islam also seems quick to resort to violence in the name of Allah and Muslims are happy to misinterpret the Koran when it suits them in order to commit murder and further their terrorist idealism. I also see a lack of real will within Muslim communities to denounce terrorism and be at the forefront of driving this issue, they often seem slow to react and there seems to me to be a lot of tacit approval or acquiescence. None of these views make me a racist, I am not predujiced against Muslims, I treat them like any other person but if you want to label me a racist then fine I can live with that, it isnt going to change my opinion or view on Islam or indeed any other religion.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not really. If you want to disparage a group in a stupid war, where both sides do stupid things, tallk about them as a whole. We knowingly use drones in the knowledge that civilians and children may be killed. Whats the difference....and yep, link is working now.

First let me state that the actions on both sides are 'effing ridiculous and the world would be a whole lot better without it.

The glaringly obvious difference that I suggest you consider, is that our Drones are sent out to assassinate known targets of terrorist organisations. Unfortunately, there is always a chance of civilian casualty.
The Taliban (and other similar terrorist groups) opt to cause terror by attacking defenseless schools, churches, markets and many other areas killing as many innocent civilians (specifically targeting children) in the process.

If you can't see that, I suggest you do some real learning, fast.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Taliban were created by war and they are perpetuated by war. They are very much a product of violence in the region. They may fly the Jihadist flag and SAY they are fighting for Allah and Islam, but they're not - they are a geopolitical problem that has existed since the 90's and has been exacerbated by the conflicts of the last 13 years.

I suggest that you discuss your opinions about Islam with your Muslim friends, if you have any, you would soon realise that a vast majority of Muslims completely reject Jihadism and are as outraged by the actions of the Taliban as we are, if not more so. Or perhaps visit Turkey, a country of Muslims where they are passionate about secularism and equal rights. Islam is not the problem, it's an excuse for extremist groups - people and their politics are the problem.

Add to that there is probably the biggest gun ownership per head of population and you have a recipe for violence.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hate to break it to you buddy but you are completely wrong. This was not political, the Taliban are about as close to being a political movement as Sami Hyppia is to becoming manager of the month. the Taliban's entire existence and philosophy centres on its extreme form of violent and murderous Muslim extremism, everything it does is, according to the Taliban itself, in the name of Allah and Islam. And your claim that we are all racist nutters on here shows you up to be what you really are, a pathetic and unconvincing mouthpiece for muslim terrorism, you should be ashamed of yourself. The problem with Islam like every other religion is that it is an ancient medieval concept largely based on mythical legends and fanciful stories designed and warped to subjugate and control the masses and like all religion it is no longer relevant and has no place in a modern society. Unfortunately there are still billions of people in the world that believe in this crap but Islam in particular seems to be one of the worst affected religions in terms of how it seems unable to accept any other religion other than its own and has fractured itself into dozens of different factions and strands all with opposing views. Islam also seems quick to resort to violence in the name of Allah and Muslims are happy to misinterpret the Koran when it suits them in order to commit murder and further their terrorist idealism. I also see a lack of real will within Muslim communities to denounce terrorism and be at the forefront of driving this issue, they often seem slow to react and there seems to me to be a lot of tacit approval or acquiescence. None of these views make me a racist, I am not predujiced against Muslims, I treat them like any other person but if you want to label me a racist then fine I can live with that, it isnt going to change my opinion or view on Islam or indeed any other religion.

Now that pretty much sums up how i feel. Fantastic post.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
First let me state that the actions on both sides are 'effing ridiculous and the world would be a whole lot better without it.

The glaringly obvious difference that I suggest you consider, is that our Drones are sent out to assassinate known targets of terrorist organisations. Unfortunately, there is always a chance of civilian casualty.
The Taliban (and other similar terrorist groups) opt to cause terror by attacking defenseless schools, churches, markets and many other areas killing as many innocent civilians (specifically targeting children) in the process.

If you can't see that, I suggest you do some real learning, fast.

Spot on imo.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The Afghan Taliban have condemned a raid on a school in Peshawar that left 141 dead in the country's bloodiest ever terror attack, saying killing innocent children was against Islam. “The intentional killing of innocent people, women and children goes against the principles of Islam and every Islamic government and movement must adhere to this fundamental essence."

http://www.dawn.com/news/1151407/afghan-taliban-condemn-peshawar-school-attack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here