Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taliban showing how hard they are

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The tribal part is based on fear same as religion imo . And come on does any adult actuqlly beleive in god its beyond a joke, no wonder the worlds a mess when so many people have imaginary friends giving them moral advice

I know many people who have found comfort in God and lead positive and sincere lifestyles. It's MAN that manipulates it and twists it round to suit themselves. Some of the fundies in America cannot be compared to a humble christian, yet they get sold under the same name. I think it's more about cultural differences in a lot of these countries (and deep south America) rather than the religion as such. A lot of the rules they adhere to like covering their women, medieval torture practices etc have more to do with local and national culture than religion itself (I don't think covering women is even mentioned in the Quran?)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That is your opinion my friend, it might be difficult for you to comprehend that God might exist, but there are far greater minds than yours or mine who would disagree - but that's a topic for another thread. But on that note, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mussolini, Kim Jong Il, were all atheists - so in regards to respect for humanity, I wouldn't say atheism is any better than theism.

Crikey that is two of your posts today that i have agreed with, normally i do not share your opinion. Common ground no less.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
the images on the news of the parents running around desperately searching for their children is truly horrible.

the images on the news of the parents running around desperately searching for their children is truly horrible.

Yes they are, but Dave would rather we debated who's harder, The Taliban or a Drone Pilot.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That is your opinion my friend, it might be difficult for you to comprehend that God might exist, but there are far greater minds than yours or mine who would disagree - but that's a topic for another thread. But on that note, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mussolini, Kim Jong Il, were all atheists - so in regards to respect for humanity, I wouldn't say atheism is any better than theism.

There is no proof that God exists other than in peoples minds.

If God wants to speak to me he knows where I am, so I am not going to spend my life searching for him. It's all a bit Wizard of Oz to me.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Typical right wing approach, classing an argument as left wing and dismissing it as 'typical'.

It is typical leftwing moral relatavism argument. It is typical of the left to overlook the Geneva Convention on the articles of war as "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"

It is a war crime to deliberatly target civilians, it is another to not distinguish yourself from none combatants, ie wearing uniforms, not using human shields etc. It is typical of the left to blame the west who are trying to make the best of a bad lot.

This isn't the first time that the "Religion of peace" most devout followers have targeted children in recent years and I wouldn't rule it out happening here.

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
It is typical leftwing moral relatavism argument. It is typical of the left to overlook the Geneva Convention on the articles of war as "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"

It is a war crime to deliberatly target civilians, it is another to not distinguish yourself from none combatants, ie wearing uniforms, not using human shields etc. It is typical of the left to blame the west who are trying to make the best of a bad lot.

This isn't the first time that the "Religion of peace" most devout followers have targeted children in recent years and I wouldn't rule it out happening here.

The religion of peace seem to cause a lot of trouble in the world

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
Muslims aren't going to blow you up or shoot your children.

Good chance of them rapeing them though.Look up swedens rape statistics in the last ten years and who is commiting most rapes..Guess who!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Those examples mentioned were imposing an ideological doctrine and did not specificly target groups based on Faith, race or creed. The one who did, old adolph was a Catholic who heavily courted the protestant bishops to get elected in a devout christian country.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The amount of ignorance on this thread is impressive, even for NSC.

- [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] vile scaremongering from you there "I wouldn't rule it out happening here". Muslims aren't going to blow you up or shoot your children. In fact statistically considering other school shootings all around the world (in the US, dunblane, Anders Breivik, etc) we are more likely to find ourselves victim to a non-Muslim school shooting, God forbid. #IllRideWithYou

Are you saying i should rule it out? These extremists are playing a numbers game in the west as its a proxy for democracy. The US school shootings were not ideological, Anders Breivik did't target a school. And your view we are more likely to face a non-muslim massacre given recent history takes a lot to swallow.

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
Pakistani's presumably. We have the same problem in Britain with paedophile rings and so on.

Your overwhelming ignorance here is stems from your assumption that the localised rape culture of Pakistan somehow applies to all Muslims.

you can of course sign the goverment e petetion to get islam banned from the uk..

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

But without the promise of afterlife and the excuse of killing in the name of god these recent nutnuts might just not be so nutnut. Fair enough with stakin etc. As for my opinion I dony claim to be an intellectual or know much about much but come on the beleive in a god is lunacy you may aswell beleive in ghosts and father Christmas

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't the point that the death of any child by violent means is wrong.

That said, our immediate thoughts should be with those that have died today. Point scoring should be left for another day.

Yes, I understand we killed up to 100,000 civilians in Iraq with our precision weapons. What these people did was horrific. Are the Taliban hard. Yes.

Where are the stats that the coalition killed 100k of civilians in Iraq? The vast majority have been killed by insurgents.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Yes, I understand we killed up to 100,000 civilians in Iraq with our precision weapons. What these people did was horrific. Are the Taliban hard. Yes.

No they are not hard, anyone can plant a bomb, anyone can blow themselves up and anyone could kill unarmed children, do you really think if it was just a fight between the west and the taliban (with no civilians involved) that the taliban would stand a chance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Utter scum - so, so sad :(

What the **** is wrong with people..?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
<post delete, because it was offensive and unwanted. If this is the stuff you want to post, please go elsewhere to do so>.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Not really. If you want to disparage a group in a stupid war, where both sides do stupid things, tallk about them as a whole. We knowingly use drones in the knowledge that civilians and children may be killed. Whats the difference....and yep, link is working now.

There is a big difference between using drones that may accidently kill civilians and walking into a school and killing 110 defenceless children in cold blood. This attack was not in retaliation to anything the west have done. The Taliban claim it is because the Pakistani military have attacked their children. Nothing to do with drones. How anyone can think of an excuse for this act of pure evil is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here