Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking the law into your own hands

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Is it worth bringing up about the British soldier who murdered an unarmed injured Afghan ?

People are advocating violence towards Abowhateverhisnameis, but then shouldnt the same happen to the soldier who also committed a cold-blooded murder ? Im not saying that either should happen, im merely pointing out that why should it happen to just him when both committed a horrific crime ? Both men are British too (though Abo' does have Nigerian roots - he is still British).

(Awaits someone to completely read this wrong and assume im against UK soldiers doing their job, which i certainly am not)

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Yes, i alluded to it right between when i said i would have happily shot him at the point of murder but the law must remain whiter than white and it doesn't included retribution and starting this thread with an open question and some context.

Seems ive misunderstood ....only asking this question "Is it right to take the law into your own hands? " in your op does actually validate somebody responding that no people shouldnt ,therefore garnering sympathy . Not everyone will have read all the comments on a different thread so YOUR standpoint is not clear ...hence my question.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Is it worth bringing up about the British soldier who murdered an unarmed injured Afghan ?

People are advocating violence towards Abowhateverhisnameis, but then shouldnt the same happen to the soldier who also committed a cold-blooded murder ? Im not saying that either should happen, im merely pointing out that why should it happen to just him when both committed a horrific crime ? Both men are British too (though Abo' does have Nigerian roots - he is still British).
.The old liberal
(Awaits someone to completely read this wrong and assume im against UK soldiers doing their job, which i certainly am not)

No it isnt .... unless you want to live under islam and wave goodbye to having a point of view and certainly being able to post free thinking views on a forum like this

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I agree with everything you say here. I was just making a clear distinction between behaviour of inmates and that of those with a duty of care to ALL inmates.

You give a good example, and I'd add the example of Stefan Kizko to that. An innocent man who served 16 yrs in prison for an offence that would fall into the category of "deserves everything he gets". Imagine an innocent man being murdered by inmates for a crime he never even committed.

Having said all that, I can fully understand why such beatings and murders go on inside prison. Doesn't make them right, but it's a completely understandable human reaction.

I'd never heard of the Kizsko case before, just read up on it. An extreme miscarriage of justice.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
No it isnt .... unless you want to live under islam and wave goodbye to having a point of view and certainly being able to post free thinking views on a forum like this

I don't think the war in Afghanistan is protecting us from that to be honest but that's another point entirely.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
so the UK corporations get their gov puppets to goto war in islamic countries.

then fodder shooting the guns become heroes.

one Islamic man kills (tho the actual woolwich scene and official story is completely full of holes - but not for here) a uk sodier.

and people are happy he is beaten up while he is locked in a cell for eternity.

It reads completely insane.

but most haven't done the research on the UK war machine in the past 20 years and who and what is controlling it (wall street / stock market / central banks).

More patronising bullshit ...i bet everyones a "sheeple" apart from you as well .

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Seems ive misunderstood ....only asking this question "Is it right to take the law into your own hands? " in your op does actually validate somebody responding that no people shouldnt ,therefore garnering sympathy . Not everyone will have read all the comments on a different thread so YOUR standpoint is not clear ...hence my question.

If a person doesnt think the guards should have taken the law into their own hands that is a perfectly acceptable position but it doesnt mean they are then sympathetic to the murderer, the two positions dont go hand in hand.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I don't think the war in Afghanistan is protecting us from that to be honest but that's another point entirely.

Well judging by the extremists in this country - no.

That and an unarmed Afghan has nothing to do with wanting Sharia Law in the UK, but then i saw the posters name and it all made sense - they are on a wind-up 24/7.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

Interesting isnt it ...liberals will latch on to the soldier that shot the insurgent ....yet silence on islamic atrocities in that area ...you know delights like acid in womens faces ,stoning and the jolly wheeze of blowing up school buses because the taliban doesnt want educated women ...because education would show these backwards death cultists up for the retarded sexist homophobic goat ****ers they are . History will show the left supporting a repressive patriachal totalitarian belief system for the idiotic folly it really is.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
If a person doesnt think the guards should have taken the law into their own hands that is a perfectly acceptable position but it doesnt mean they are then sympathetic to the murderer, the two positions dont go hand in hand.

It shows sympathy where none is deserved imo

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Interesting isnt it ...liberals will latch on to the soldier that shot the insurgent ....yet silence on islamic atrocities in that area ...you know delights like acid in womens faces ,stoning and the jolly wheeze of blowing up school buses because the taliban doesnt want educated women ...because education would show these backwards death cultists up for the retarded sexist homophobic goat ****ers they are . History will show the left supporting a repressive patriachal totalitarian belief system for the idiotic folly it really is.

I have no love for the Taliban, Al-Qaeda or any religious fundamentalists but do not agree with British soldiers lowering themselves to their level.

My point was that the 'War on Terror' is not going to protect the UK from being governed by a Taliban-style government and may well do more to turn moderate Muslims into extremists. In an ideal world I would love the Taliban to be wiped off the face of the planet but history has shown that winning a war in Afghanistan is nigh-on impossible.

Anyway, this is all digressing from the original post.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Well judging by the extremists in this country - no.

That and an unarmed Afghan has nothing to do with wanting Sharia Law in the UK, but then i saw the posters name and it all made sense - they are on a wind-up 24/7.

Are you referring to me ? you dont think the taliban are in any way linked to Sharia law ? Incredible !You are most definitely on a wind up with that ignorant comment !

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
I have no love for the Taliban, Al-Qaeda or any religious fundamentalists but do not agree with British soldiers lowering themselves to their level.

My point was that the 'War on Terror' is not going to protect the UK from being governed by a Taliban-style government and may well do more to turn moderate Muslims into extremists. In an ideal world I would love the Taliban to be wiped off the face of the planet but history has shown that winning a war in Afghanistan is nigh-on impossible.

Anyway, this is all digressing from the original post.

fair comment

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think it is pretty much inevitable when feelings run so high. Sutcliffe was blinded in one eye, Huntley has been given several savage beatings and lots of others have been left unsupervised deliberately for a while. I do not condone it but it pleased me Adebowale got a beating. Probably not right but never mind.

I saw the Birmingham 6 in Winston Green nick they had heads that looked like they had been through a mincer

they were innocent

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I'm not really bothered what the fellow who killed Lee Rigby wanted, his wishes etc, or that he might be seen as a martyr. He took a life, no doubts, he admitted it, he should have hanged imo.

So would you want the death penalty for any murder then? Or just capital punishment when one of our 'heroes' are killed?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
We should never take the law into our own hands. We lose the argument on every level if we resort and condone this behaviour, these prisoners who inflict this have no mandate to carry out retribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here