Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TAKING the bookies to the cleaners-Your best punt...

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
I was once at Corals and for some reason the Mayor of Brighton raced a dog. The Mayor had to run a hundred metres and the dog had to do the lap. I knew it took the dog roughly 30 seconds to do lap. The bookmakers had the dog as fav. One look at the Mayor to make sure he was not disabled and stuck my money on him. I knew i could run the hundred in about 14 sec and i knew i could not beat the mayor by 50 metres. Never known the bookmakers get it so wrong. The mayor had finished with the dog still on last bend.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I put £10 e/w at Lingfield in 2007 on a horse with a name that "sounded like" a phrase that I had recently used in a marketing campaign for the company I was working with at the time. For no other reason than that. I should say that we were on the course celebrating my wife's birthday with a dozen or so friends.
It came in at 66-1. Fortunately for me I'd booked on the Tote and I had it at 120-1.
I won we'll over £1000, which was nice! And almost iPad for the entire day. My mate also had it at £5 e/w.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have the video of that goal and have watched it a few times. Still not convinced it was not an own goal. So you may have been luckier than you first thought.

I'm 100% sure it was an OG. I was waiting outside Corals for them to open the next day. Wanted it paid out as quickly as possible, just in case.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
World cup. USA to top group of them, England, Algeria and another team I can't remember (Sweeden?) USA scored with 3 mins remaining to net me a win from biggest single stake I've ever betted. Happy days

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm 100% sure it was an OG. I was waiting outside Corals for them to open the next day. Wanted it paid out as quickly as possible, just in case.

Wouldn't have mattered as once the PA say who the scorer is that is what they pay on. Like a weighed in with the horses and it gets changed on appeal later or when it goes to the goals panel for a disputed goal scorer and they change it to an OG days after.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wouldn't have mattered as once the PA say who the scorer is that is what they pay on. Like a weighed in with the horses and it gets changed on appeal later or when it goes to the goals panel for a disputed goal scorer and they change it to an OG days after.

Fair enough. Never knew that. I assumed that if the dubious goals panel re-assigned the goal, that's who the bookies would pay out on.

What if you'd backed the real goalscorer, and the bookies had already paid out on the wrong (PA announced one)? If the panel re-assigned the goal a day later, could you expect a payout?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sydney 2007. Witnessed 5-0 drubbing. Lost £1000 on Ashes. Commonwealth Bank tri series one dayers began. England lost game after game. To reach best of three final against Australia had to beat New Zealand in last round robin game. Some Aussie offered 150-1 on Betfair. Put down my £40. England beat New Zealand. I flew to India to meet the wife. 2 weeks later Sitting in a bar in Goa I witnessed Mr Duckworth and Lewis give England the Trophy in a rain affected game. £6,000 paid for Ashes gambling loss, 2 months in Australia, a month in India and gave me some change.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
took them loads of times,but been hit loads(likeothersonhere),recently as advised on here,i had ews with matsuyama at 250s

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
1993. Brighton go 1-0 up at Hawthorns. Grand National starts with half the horses not starting. Esha Ness wins at 50/1. £10 e/W. Things looking good. West Brom score 3. Brighton lose 3-1. Grand National cancelled.

I win some lose some.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
speaking of bets,Korngold is a decent e/w shout today in the 315,ive got on at 7s

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
WHU v BHA 0-1
Guy Butters to score First, Last and Anytime 40/1 40/1 14/1
3 x £10 Bets
£970 All in with Stakes Back :rock:

Adam Virgo away at Leicester was a close second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here