Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking our chances

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I really do not see how harsh i am consdiering we are simply drawing FAR too many games. Combined, how many then, have Hoskins, Ulloa, CMS and Barnes scored this season. It's a little poor

You're right in that we have drawn too many games. Hoskins can't really be blamed, he's hardly played.

But now that we have Ulloa, I don't think our weakness is our forward line. With Upson (and Greer returning) I don't think it's the centre backs either.

With our style of play, and with the attacking midfielders we have I think they should be chipping in with more goals. Hammond could be on 10+ if he was more clinical. Orlandi (who I think is brilliant), has missed a bunch of sitters too.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Ulloa is still adapting. But I'd rather get him in January , possibly miss out on promotion this year and have him in banging form, well settled in for next season.
Better than paying over the odds for a dj cambell type player.
As football fans we all suffer from myopia. Ulloa will be a huge success in the long term I believe.
As for Vicente , Bridge and Upson being loan players I am not concerned. I have faith in Gus ability to get equally talented players in too replace.
Would expect Hammond to sign permanently in summer ( dependant on saints prem survival ).

I really feel for Hoskins, if his injury is as bad as feared he may not get another chance with us. Hope he can improve and get fit regardless.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
LOL - its the only partnership left untried............ g

Ulloas first game... Him and Ashley bagged a goal each. Their link up play was great.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would like to see us get ball in the box from wide areas sooner especially now we have Leo in the side. At moment we are unable to convert our vastly superior possession into too many clear cut chances which makes the missed chances seem more expensive. We can certainly be guilty of overplaying it in and around the box

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I am not sure the overview is realistic with some replies here. If you think Adam & Gordon in central defence are good enough to PUSH US ON then i would doubt your wisdom. If your think CMS & Barnes are good enough then they have had long enough to prove me wrong. If you think we have a chance of keeping Vicente & Bridge then i would strongly disagree. Liam? Well, i fear this is the last season he will be with us. We have drawn FAR too many games so that is not in doubt. I hope i am wrong about next season and i am not for one minute suggesting its an all doom and gloom scenario however i do feel we will have to work VERY hard as a club to keep and improve any momentum for next term.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm starting to get very worried about the number of goals we're (not) scoring. Over the last 2 home games (according to BBC stats) we've had 25 shots, 15 on target, but only scored 2 goals. Neither of which came from open play. Worrying to say the least.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am not sure the overview is realistic with some replies here. If you think Adam & Gordon in central defence are good enough to PUSH US ON then i would doubt your wisdom. If your think CMS & Barnes are good enough then they have had long enough to prove me wrong. If you think we have a chance of keeping Vicente & Bridge then i would strongly disagree. Liam? Well, i fear this is the last season he will be with us. We have drawn FAR too many games so that is not in doubt. I hope i am wrong about next season and i am not for one minute suggesting its an all doom and gloom scenario however i do feel we will have to work VERY hard as a club to keep and improve any momentum for next term.

Lets just enjoy this season ..it aint over yet lol

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about now, not next season.

We will need a new CB or two in the summer. I can't see Liam staying either unless some sort of miracle occurs.

And I think the CMS experiment has failed. He is not the striker who will take us further.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was another home game which we dominated the start without scoring. 23 minutes of constant pressure tonight without a goal

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

duplicate

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ah ok, I thought you were talking about now, not next season.

We will need a new CB or two in the summer. I can't see Liam staying either unless some sort of miracle occurs.

And I think the CMS experiment has failed. He is not the striker who will take us further.

OK. It is not a rant, but, we have to be realistic. Personally, i think it is a big season for us which does affect next season. I really hope we go on a run but i have been waiting far too long this term to think it wil happen now. Without our 5/6 game winning run very early season, we would be even worse off. Draws have kept us at the edge of the play offs this season as much as it will kill us if it continues.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
OK. It is not a rant, but, we have to be realistic. Personally, i think it is a big season for us which does affect next season. I really hope we go on a run but i have been waiting far too long this term to think it wil happen now. Without our 5/6 game winning run very early season, we would be even worse off. Draws have kept us at the edge of the play offs this season as much as it will kill us if it continues.

The people on here that call Gus a Legend are deluded,sticking with CMS has cost the Albion promotion this season

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
i think it is a bit odd to talk about weakness when we currently sit in 7th place, chasing play-offs and have a formidable defensive record. I think something needs to come together with the team and chemistry seems to improve by the match, i remember when David Lopez looked awkward, slow and out of place in a game... would never think it now. I think we need to learn to play the dirty and scrappy side of the game more like the more experienced championship sides do. I mean watch the boro vs barnsley highlights and you will see the scrappiest football ever. The highlights from our matches look entirely different because our football is much better, it works against good opposition like arsenal, newcastle and chelsea but needs a bit more physicality, particularly in the midfield. Bridcutt has certainly become far more physical and domineering in midfield this season and he should stand as inspiration for the rest of the team.

- - - Updated - - -

The people on here that call Gus a Legend are deluded,sticking with CMS has cost the Albion promotion this season

11 goals and incredible work ethic that relieves pressure, one of the most stupid comments i have heard.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In all fairness, how many gilt-edged chances do our strikers get?

Our build up is too slow and teams get back into their 4-6-0 shape to defend and it's hard to create a chance.

We're sooooo slllooooowwww on the break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here