Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking our chances

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
11 teams have scored more at home than us this season including the bottom 2 teams, Bristol City & Peterborough United. We simply cannot have 17 shots and the only goal we score is a penalty. We have taken a January gamble on Ulloa but signings in Jan need to be ready and straight off the starting blocks. This is not a pop at him because he is taking time to adjust and find his feet but that is a signing for August not January.

The facts are that we have not been able to score and IMO our weakness now is our forwards and our centre backs. Greer and El-Abd not good enough, and CMS & Barnes cannot produce enough quality.

This is an important season and next season will be even tougher unless we find 4/5 players that can make a massive difference and that is before you take Bridge(only on loan) and Bridcutt(we could very well lose) and Vicente(50/50 whether he will be here next season) out of the picture. We COULD be half a squad away from having a better chance next term and feel that this season has been a lost opportunity so far with so many draws

Dec 29, 2011
Ulloa looks very good after 3 matches and he'll only get better, impressed. Barnes is still developing, better than last season and hopefully even better next season. Upson has covered for Greer well and El Abd is looking solid as ever.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I thought El Abd was quality tonight - AGAIN

CMS and Barnes didn't even play.

I agree we need to score more and it is very frustrating but some of your comments seem off.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
efore you take Bridge(only on loan) and Bridcutt(we could very well lose) and Vicente(50/50 whether he will be here next season) out of the picture. We COULD be half a squad away from having a better chance next term and feel that this season has been a lost opportunity so far with so many draws

Just what I was thinking cycling home from the Amex, we could have a much weaker squad next season.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ulloa looks very good after 3 matches and he'll only get better, impressed. Barnes is still developing, better than last season and hopefully even better next season. Upson has covered for Greer well and El Abd is looking solid as ever.

..................but with 15 games left and points made about next season, my point still stands. Barnes Still developing? Mmmmm don't think he will pull up any trees ant any stage of his career. Upson is only on loan too. Wider perspective needed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blackburn keeper did a couple of inspired saves that he didn't seem to know very much about in the first half. That didn't help.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I thought El Abd was quality tonight - AGAIN

CMS and Barnes didn't even play.

I agree we need to score more and it is very frustrating but some of your comments seem off.

I don't think they seem off considering we have under achieved this season looking at our team sheets week in week out. On paper - great. On grass - Slightly above average

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
OP is being a bit harsh IMO.

Last season we created hardly any chances, this season it's improved.

Tonight we totally dominated the game, and the chances didn't all fall to our forwards. Hammond had a hatful, great scramble by their keeper for Buckleys chance. It just wouldn't fall for us tonight.

Personally I think Ulloa and Barnes is the pairing that will get us goals.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
But worried also about how our team will shape up next season without: Vicente, Bridge and Upson and heaven forbid Bridcutt.

Hope that Ulloa comes good at least and that we can buy VvD.

Also concerned about Gus saying if he had Blackburn, Leicester etc budget we'd win every week. Looking for a move?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think they seem off considering we have under achieved this season looking at our team sheets week in week out. On paper - great. On grass - Slightly above average

Harsh...tonight the team played well..deserved to win ..just wudnt roll for us...and as for thinking about next season already...fek ive got a season ticket for this one to use first

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Tonight we totally dominated the game, and the chances didn't all fall to our forwards. Hammond had a hatful, great scramble by their keeper for Buckleys chance. It just wouldn't fall for us tonight.

I really do not see how harsh i am consdiering we are simply drawing FAR too many games. Combined, how many then, have Hoskins, Ulloa, CMS and Barnes scored this season. It's a little poor

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

apart from letting his man go from their corner 0-1.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
11 teams have scored more at home than us this season including the bottom 2 teams, Bristol City & Peterborough United. We simply cannot have 17 shots and the only goal we score is a penalty. We have taken a January gamble on Ulloa but signings in Jan need to be ready and straight off the starting blocks. This is not a pop at him because he is taking time to adjust and find his feet but that is a signing for August not January.

The facts are that we have not been able to score and IMO our weakness now is our forwards and our centre backs. Greer and El-Abd not good enough, and CMS & Barnes cannot produce enough quality.

This is an important season and next season will be even tougher unless we find 4/5 players that can make a massive difference and that is before you take Bridge(only on loan) and Bridcutt(we could very well lose) and Vicente(50/50 whether he will be here next season) out of the picture. We COULD be half a squad away from having a better chance next term and feel that this season has been a lost opportunity so far with so many draws

Our midfield should never be the weakness, we do have about 15 to chose from and normally play enough of them in a game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But worried also about how our team will shape up next season without: Vicente, Bridge and Upson and heaven forbid Bridcutt.

Hope that Ulloa comes good at least and that we can buy VvD.

Also concerned about Gus saying if he had Blackburn, Leicester etc budget we'd win every week. Looking for a move?

Stretching it to say Gus is looking for a move...Appleton was moaning he hasnt got enough players! Saying that most of the team that played tonight were in the last 5 matches...perhaps someone should remind him he could have used his subs!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

LOL - its the only partnership left untried............ g

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Well i am with you

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Vicente and Upson will stay and form the nucleus of our promotion push next year, similar to Cardiff this year.

With these 2 on board a number of other players will stay. The big one we might lose is Liam and I will be absolutely gutted if he leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here