Takeaway of Choice?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Takeaway of choice

• Total voters

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
For those that voted on curry may I recommend purchasing a book 'the curry secret'. Gives tips on how to make restaurant/takeaway quality curry by using a base sauce. The book makes it really easy and fast to knock up a curry. Since getting it a few years back we hardly ever get a takeaway curry in.

I would go as far to say, getting it was the best advice given to me on NSC

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought that book but must have made a mistake with the basic curry sauce as it doesnt seem to taste right. Having used all the sauce I made up and froze I am going t try again.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have to say takeaways are so boring these days. Everyone does the same shit largely and its substandard to the variety on offer in these countries if you holiday there. Chinese is dreadful these days, same tired menus from the 1970s still. Mexican is peasant mash or goow. fish and chips is great but incredibly unhealthy. Thai about the only one I'd eat now, or Lebanese because they're fresh but tricky to find the latter outside London. Domino "pizza"? About as authentic as a sainsburys vindaloo. Now if only you could get my mums homemade sardine pizza...yum!

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Chinese is ultimate comfort food for me. Sugary, salty and packed with MSG.

Thai is a finer cuisine, but as far as takeaway goes, Chinese is where I feel best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports