Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take over at Palace

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could keep holloway in his job - won't be fair to hire someone new if you're going to sell and the buyer wants his own man.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasn't there a rumour about 10 years ago, that Gadaffi wanted to buy them?

He thought there were oil deposits at Selhurst Park but after tests were carried out it was traced back to Dougie Freedman's hair.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
New owners might actually get Selhurst redeveloped to hold 40,000, which apparently they could fill ,no problem:eek:

To be fair that would be one hell of a mosque , where would all the prayer mats go ?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
New owners might actually get Selhurst redeveloped to hold 40,000, which apparently they could fill ,no problem:eek:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/with-a-catchment-area-of-700000-palace-say-they-are-right-to-think-big-8811236.html

Has one man ever looked more of a bell-end in a picture than this?

83palaceparish1209.jpg

As a side note I like the fact that they refer to Palace as 'the Premierships bottom club' despite the fact that incredibly they are not!

Strangely Parrish is right. With that amount of people on the doorstep they should be able to fill a 40k stadium. However, when you fail to sell 16k reasonably priced season tickets for your return to the Prem - you've got a problem.

Their support is either apathetic or pathetic.:albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Strangely Parrish is right. With that amount of people on the doorstep they should be able to fill a 40k stadium. However, when you fail to sell 16k reasonably priced season tickets for your return to the Prem - you've got a problem.

or Palacestic :wink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I don't think he is right. Travel an extra few miles and you can take your pick from Arsenal,Spurs and Chelsea. It's hardly going to be any inconvenience with the transport links available in London.

I don't think he is right. Travel an extra few miles and you can take your pick from Arsenal,Spurs and Chelsea. It's hardly going to be any inconvenience with the transport links available in London.

Arsenal Spurs and Chelsea are full up - however, SOG is right , the locals have no interest in footie. That's why this board is full of Palace who live in Sussex and don't go to the Grim Groupon. Their catchment area is superb - their support is shite. But that's their problem.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
There's something weird about this story. The potential owners bid for Arsenal. It's rebuffed. They then think. 'I know, I'll bid for Palace.'

That is such an unlikely step from one to the other.

Totally indicative of the current billionaire EPL takeover model - doesn't matter one iota as to how shite the shell is because that's all it is, a shell company to start you own EPL toy from - you have to be in it to play the game. Sucks balls, the whole concept, however the reality is that's what the EPL has become with few exceptions remaining.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Interesting if true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-in-takeover-talks-2314801

Warren Little
A Dubai-based consortium are searching for a Premier League investment – and Crystal Palace are in their sights.

Palace are among a number of clubs the group are looking at.

An approach for Arsenal was firmly rebuffed.

Talks are ongoing and a senior Palace official is believed to have met the Moroccan businessman who is the front man for the group.

Chairman Steve Parish was on holiday and did not attend the meeting.

Parish and his consortium acquired Palace from Simon Jordan after the south London club was placed into administration.

Despite limited investment, they secured promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs after defeating Watford at Wembley last May.

In the past, Parish has insisted his group are not looking to sell.

The potential buyers will have to prove that they have the finances to lift Palace to a new level and ensure the club enjoys a long term in the top flight.

Interesting? More like absolutely hilarious! If they want a premiership club they'd be.better off going for qpr. Did that article really mention arsenal and palace when discussing potential clubs to buy?????!!!###

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A new stadium would attract more fans it trying to keep them coming when you are not winning I think we should wait to we get regular 30.000 gates before we take the piss.!!!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A new stadium would attract more fans it trying to keep them coming when you are not winning I think we should wait to we get regular 30.000 gates before we take the piss.!!!!

That may be true but we have consistently outsold palace for more than two years now. One of which they were promoted in and even now they are in the promised land they are still getting less of a crowd than us. Their hope must be to mobilize local support as currently about half their fans are traveling in from the leafy parts of Surrey and from further afield in Sussex and Kent. Unless they can do that, they will have no hope of attracting larger crowds. It's one area I actually feel a little sorry for them. Let's face it, the premier league has homogenized the English football fan and now the county is full of plastics. Most (but not all!) Palace fans are genuine as is the case with us. A new stadium may help attract those new supporters.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Interesting decision for Prince Charming and his gang.

Sell out for perhaps a substantial personal gain, or remain in charge.

Would the foreigners introduce louder goal music, ban the drum, tell the 'fanatics' to sit down ???

Decisions.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Interesting decision for Prince Charming and his gang.

Sell out for perhaps a substantial personal gain, or remain in charge.

Would the foreigners introduce louder goal music, ban the drum, tell the 'fanatics' to sit down ???

Decisions.
Or worse still...change their colours or think of renaming the team...it's times like this that I'm so grateful that we have TONY...A fan who does everything possible to improve the club...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Arsenal Spurs and Chelsea are full up - however, SOG is right , the locals have no interest in footie. That's why this board is full of Palace who live in Sussex and don't go to the Grim Groupon. Their catchment area is superb - their support is shite. But that's their problem.

Groupons ??? Student discounts ??? People starting to miss the occasional games ??? Has it started ???:wink:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
The mirror story is a load of bollocks. Confirmed by Steve Browett on the BBS.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The way you look at this sort of rumour very much depends on how you regard the modern game.

If your definition of success is attracting funny foreign money and buying your way into the big league, alienating fans along the way and becoming just another premier league franchise, I imagine it could be fun while it lasts. And it may not last long.

If you're more interested in supporting a club that's owned by fans (or A fan) and which is more about reflecting the community in which it's based than winning over new supporters in Asia, you might have to settle for life outside the Premier League. I'm happy with the second option myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here