Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take a bow Mrs Barnes

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He had a much better game than of late no doubt about that.

Buckley was however clearly MOM.

Barnes did not look like a goal threat, I would still start Lita on saturday.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Have we ever had another player so vilified by a section of our fans?

Look at his performance last night and then this thread.

Have we ever had another player so blindly worshipped by a section of our fans?

I thought he was ok last night but some people have gone so over the top presumably to try and balance the haters but still silly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Look at his performance last night and then this thread.

Have we ever had another player so blindly worshipped by a section of our fans?

I thought he was ok last night but some people have gone so over the top presumably to try and balance the haters but still silly.

Did you hear the comments by the unbiased pundits last night? They thought he did rather better than OK.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not the pace of CMS but his ball control, layoffs and vision are streets ahead.

Now the petulance has gone he is also much stronger at shielding the ball than CMS but still not big enough, strong enough and fast enough to play as a lone striker.

CMS has the pace, the goal scoring attributes of both are on a par IMO. That may sound stupid given Barnes goal scoring record this season but I'm talking historically.
No, you are talking hysterically.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, you are talking hysterically.

I guess you are trying to be amusing with a little word play, if not, your comprehension of the word hysterical is piss poor :smile:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So there are people are judging the quality of his effort purely by how many goals he scored? :facepalm:

For me, he was feeding off scraps, and ran his bollocks off. A decent shift.
concur-s500x351-285651.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So there are people are judging the quality of his effort purely by how many goals he scored? :facepalm:

Yeah, that's utterly ridiculous to judge a striker on the goals he scores. Bit like judging a keeper on how well he marshals his defence and ignoring the fact he can't catch the ball.

I remember someone saying to me years ago. "What does Clive Allen give to Spurs, apart from his 49 goals in a season. He doesn't contribute nothing else to the side".....I think there are some on this site, that would actually share that view.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Average.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I too thought he did well. I'm a big Barnes fan but I don't see him as a lone striker. Tonight was as good as I've seen him in that position. I hope those who still call him petulant will start to admit that since his "trip" sending off he is a much more mature and less volatile player. Keep it going Ash.

i've moaned a bit lately about his ability to finish. but i have to admit he led the line really well tonight, especially as they play with 3 big centre-backs. i hope he can continue in this vein. i think had we had one of the central midfielders closer to him we would have caused them more damage

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

This big time! Perhaps more noticeable for those of us actually at the game as opposed to those watching on SKY. Gave 100% and took a battering from their defenders.

If people insist on bitching I may suggest you weren't watching Bruno. Has no idea how to defend as slow, concentration wanders and last night was the master of the "50p" header.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
So predictable. He turned up and done his job, that we all chip in for and everybody goes mad. He done ok, I agree. But we didn't win, which we probably should have, he didn't score a match winner or earn us three points single handed. He done his job and he done it to a level, we should all expect. Nothing more, christ on a bike. I know the abuse he has got has upset his fan club, but this thread is a tad over the top. He had a good game, nothing more!!!!!

If he actually scores another goal this season there will be people on here calling for an international call up. If he manages to get five goals this season they will be calling for the Ballon d'Or to find its way to the Sussex Coast.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If he actually scores another goal this season there will be people on here calling for an international call up. If he manages to get five goals this season they will be calling for the Ballon d'Or to find its way to the Sussex Coast.

Really? Do you have any evidence to support this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here