Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tabloids take aim at Hodgson again, this time over 'space monkey' race row

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I love the way the media are calling it a controversy and a damaging incident, not in the real world it isn't virtually every sane normal person sees it for what it is! a complete non incident with no racist angle whatsoever. It's only in mediaworld that it's being seen as some kind of racist incident and then seized upon by fringe organisations no one has ever heard of to get some cheap publicity for themselves.

If I was Roy, I'd just tell them to get fooked and enjoy retirement.

Are these groups so desperate to justify their own being they can make up stories and paint someone as racist now.

The term CJT has never been more relevant.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If I was Roy, I'd just tell them to get fooked and enjoy retirement.

Are these groups so desperate to justify their own being they can make up stories and paint someone as racist now.

The term CJT has never been more relevant.

The problem is that the more they go on and on about this complete non-story, they are undermining themselves as an organisation, and undoing some of the good work that has been done against racism. If they keep issuing statements like that, any public support they currently have will soon wane.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't believe how this has spiralled, thought it was all a storm in a tea cup but its getting ridiculous now, if anything its going to stop all reasonable people from supporting these equality groups. Its showing them up to be less tolerant and knowlegeable than the EDL.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
"The use of "monkey chants", the throwing of bananas and the racist antics of football supporters is a hallmark of football racism - that is the context of this so called "joke" being told by the England football manager."

You cannot be serious! Are they seriously comparing fans doing monkey chants and throwing bananas onto the pitch to a joke NASA told about Monkeys ???

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"The use of "monkey chants", the throwing of bananas and the racist antics of football supporters is a hallmark of football racism - that is the context of this so called "joke" being told by the England football manager."

You cannot be serious! Are they seriously comparing fans doing monkey chants and throwing bananas onto the pitch to a joke NASA told about Monkeys ???

Shame there's no easy way for the general public to pass on the message to the press and these special interest groups that we really really REALLY aren't interested in this non-story.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is now getting very out of hand and to be frank, googling ridiculous

Race For Sport on Sky Website

So Rupert Murdoch-owned newspaper goes quiet on the matter, while Rupert Murdoch-owned TV company picks up the baton. ???

Nice of someone to put their name to those quotes. Oh...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Talk Shite have a lot of front to be going on about it as well. How many high profile presenters do they have from ethnic minorities?
out of nine presenters that could reasonably descibed as high profile, ,two are from ethnic minorities, if anything probably over representation of ethnic minorities in relation to the proportion of the population.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I wrote the following elsewhere re: Peter Herbert, so might as well post it here as my take on the matter.

Peter Herbert reckons that Roy Hodgson needs to go on a 'racial appreciation' course. I'm guessing he hasn't followed his career too closely because in Hodgson's 35 years as a football manager, he has led a nomadic existence and managed teams in Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Italy and the United Arab Emirates, including 3 national teams. So I think he probably knows how to interact with people from a diverse range of cultures better than the vast majority of people in his profession. Herbert seems to be trying to insinuate that Hodgson is a racist which is something I find all the less credible considering that it comes from a man that chairs the 'Society of Black Lawyers' and wants to set up a 'Black Footballers' Union'.

Isn't the very essence of racism the convening of a group that bars people on the basis of their skin colour? Positive discrimination is an oxymoron. It is an unfortunate by-product of Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a bus in 1955 that her gallant actions and subsequent efforts to alleviate discrimination have led to opportunistic parasites like Peter Herbert getting gainful employment and I hope his comments get treated with the absolute contempt they deserve.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Herbert is an idiot. Not racist, not anything to do with anything other than his seemingly desperate need to find racism somewhere to justify his campaign, and his cause. Sorry Hebert, but you've missed the boat on this one.

And trying to paint Hodgson as racist is less than pathetic. It is a shameful tactic employed by a desperate loser.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
.....If the person who gave this to the press is a player ,will Roy want to pick him again ?....and if that player is black.......!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wrote the following elsewhere re: Peter Herbert, so might as well post it here as my take on the matter.

Peter Herbert reckons that Roy Hodgson needs to go on a 'racial appreciation' course. I'm guessing he hasn't followed his career too closely because in Hodgson's 35 years as a football manager, he has led a nomadic existence and managed teams in Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Italy and the United Arab Emirates, including 3 national teams. So I think he probably knows how to interact with people from a diverse range of cultures better than the vast majority of people in his profession. Herbert seems to be trying to insinuate that Hodgson is a racist which is something I find all the less credible considering that it comes from a man that chairs the 'Society of Black Lawyers' and wants to set up a 'Black Footballers' Union'.

Isn't the very essence of racism the convening of a group that bars people on the basis of their skin colour? Positive discrimination is an oxymoron. It is an unfortunate by-product of Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a bus in 1955 that her gallant actions and subsequent efforts to alleviate discrimination have led to opportunistic parasites like Peter Herbert getting gainful employment and I hope his comments get treated with the absolute contempt they deserve.

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here