Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TABLET iNFO

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'll be in the market soon for a tablet jobbie - is there a decent compare / review site - eg Which? that will help?
My main criteria are a) screen must be easily readable in bright sunlight b) must run Windows o/s c) 8 hr battery life

you want to try the tech sites. to find good ones try doing product A vs Product b search and you'll get the ones that do good side by side or wide market comparisons.

but i can tell you for nothing that non will be easily readable in bright sunlight, its inherent flaw of glass/glasslike surfaces. i doubt you'll be seeing 8hr of battery life if you use it much. and using windows will make you have to spend out on more expensive tablet, unless you go windows RT which defeats the point of staying with windows. short version: your criteria are far too hopefully.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was a tablet comparison in The Sun yesterday and the one that came out smelling of roses was the Captiveactair 10.1 inch sold by Universal Gadgets which I have been on about at £88.50.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was a tablet comparison in The Sun yesterday and the one that came out smelling of roses was the Captiveactair 10.1 inch sold by Universal Gadgets which I have been on about at £88.50.

Have a look at the Allwinner reviews on Amazon. I think that's the make involved. There are a fair few good reviews of their tablets but an almost equal number of VERY bad ones. I don't believe they are particularly well made and the company involved has possibly gone bust.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you have a link for these reviews as I tapped in the heading all winner reviews on the amazon site and only 3 came up which were all very cheap or rather heavily reduced priced 7inch

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
You can get the new tesco hudl for £60 of clubcard vouchers at the moment. Might be worth checking the reviews but seems a bargain if you have the vouchers to use?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can get the new tesco hudl for £60 of clubcard vouchers at the moment. Might be worth checking the reviews but seems a bargain if you have the vouchers to use?

Again this is a 7inch and all of my family say I wouldn't be happy with a 7 inch as it is too small for me to read and see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have read the reviews on many tablets and am leaning towards the Galaxy 10 inch but there is 1 worrying review. Somebody has said that there is a problem with Samsung warranty as being a non European company their warranty is not acceptable in EU countries so is virtually non existent. Has anybody found this with any of their products?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have read the reviews on many tablets and am leaning towards the Galaxy 10 inch but there is 1 worrying review. Somebody has said that there is a problem with Samsung warranty as being a non European company their warranty is not acceptable in EU countries so is virtually non existent. Has anybody found this with any of their products?

I would have thought someone would have bought you a tablet for your birthday!!:birthday:
I am also looking to buy a tablet and have been keeping an eye on this thread, i spoke to my sister last night and she advised me to get the I -Pad mini, she had an Android tablet, Disco or something but took it back as it was rubbish.
She said dont waste money on a cheap one get the I - Pad mini it's brilliant.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Not heard that before so can't comment but just remember you have statutory rights, home / contents insurance or vendor guarantees also to possibly cover breaks, faults etc... Not sure why EU law would effect manufacturer guarantee.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

utter rubbish, unless they have brought the device outside the EU. Samsung has a presence here in the UK and in the EU, they have to abide by local law.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
utter rubbish, unless they have brought the device outside the EU. Samsung has a presence here in the UK and in the EU, they have to abide by local law.

Absolutely unless otherwise stated a one year warranty on all electrical products purchased new in the UK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here