Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T20 Cricket - England vs. Netherlands

This is literally the only positive.

What has happened to Broad though? At 27, I'm surprised he hasn't really kicked on.

I'd add as a positive that Dernbach may never play ODI/Twenty20 cricket for England again.

I think that's a pretty harsh assessment of Broad - he's been nursing an injury through this tournament and has been OK (certainly no worse than anyone else in terms of the bowlers). Also his Test and ODI bowling are very high class - he's got similar averages to Jimmy Anderson who is held up as the best English quick bowler of his generation.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'd add as a positive that Dernbach may never play ODI/Twenty20 cricket for England again.

I think that's a pretty harsh assessment of Broad - he's been nursing an injury through this tournament and has been OK (certainly no worse than anyone else in terms of the bowlers). Also his Test and ODI bowling are very high class - he's got similar averages to Jimmy Anderson who is held up as the best English quick bowler of his generation.

He has been nursing an injury... But I can't remember the last time he has been fantastic during an ODI or t20 :tantrum:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Little bit harsh I reckon. He's been one of the few brighter spots of a horrible, horrible winter. I reckon his bowling average at 27 is better than Flintoff's was.

Two / three years ago though, he promised more. I am being harsh, because he had that potential.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Two / three years ago though, he promised more. I am being harsh, because he had that potential.

I know where you are coming from, it depends on how you look at it. On top of his game he can be a devastating strike bowler. I just think that bowling in a 4 man attack in Test cricket has blunted his effectiveness, I suspect he's hardly ever fully fit and normally bowling well within his limitations. Same goes for Finn.

He should score more runs though.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Why does Jade Dernbach still get games. If he is an international bowler then so am I.
He is just off to the tattoo parlour now. Hopefully his latest one will read "EX ENGLAND BOWLER". The player with the worst bowling average in World one day and T20 cricket. Should have got rid of ages ago.

Why does Jade Dernbach still get games. If he is an international bowler then so am I.

Surrey members/fans/supporters/customers have been saying this for a couple of county seasons too.

A worrying thought would be him being the umpteenth ex-Surrey player ending up at Eaton Road for "rehabilitation" :eek:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surrey members/fans/supporters/customers have been saying this for a couple of county seasons too.

A worrying thought would be him being the umpteenth ex-Surrey player ending up at Eaton Road for "rehabilitation" :eek:

Please don't say that. Not even in jest. :eek:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone watching the NZ vs Sri Lanka match? NZ 29-5 chasing 120. Herath bowling like a man possessed - 3 overs 2 run 4 wickets. Unbelievable :ohmy:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone watching the NZ vs Sri Lanka match? NZ 29-5 chasing 120. Herath bowling like a man possessed - 3 overs 2 run 4 wickets. Unbelievable :ohmy:

I know, Ross Taylor was actually out LBW in 3 consecutive balls, not sure why it took until the 3rd for the umpire to give it!

Another wicket, NZ 33-6

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England were appalling but that was something else from NZ :lolol: That was a choke of massive proportions. Herath's figures though 3.3-3-5 :eek:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lovely back page on The Times today "Giles insists he is tough enough for England Job " Today's interview went well !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here