NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just wondering on from the Iraq facepalm:-

'we know you've got WMD, we sold them to you'

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Or the Saudis. How about the richest state in the region lifting a finger to protect innocent civilians in its own back yard for a change?

Maybe they do not feel like they are the world's, or even region's police force?

They have already offered financial help to Egypt, if the US stop their funding.

It is complicated for them as they concentrate of security and stability within their borders.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe they do not feel like they are the world's, or even region's police force?

They have already offered financial help to Egypt, if the US stop their funding.

It is complicated for them as they concentrate of security and stability within their borders.

I think you mean they concentrate on violently suppressing their own people.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Study the subject, look as the way they treat their people (the native Saudis), and then try again.
I think you need to go and have a look on Amesty International's web site...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
First time I've ever had even the tiniest bit of respect for Ed Milliband. This result is down to him even though the outcome is not entirley what he anticipated. He's still a fool though, would make a most awful PM, and would never ever ever get my vote.

The defeat of the government in last night's vote is without doubt the best piece of news I've heard for a very long time and gives me some hope for the future of our system of parliamentary democracy.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Study the subject, look as the way they treat their people (the native Saudis), and then try again.

I suggest you speak to women who live there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
First time I've ever had even the tiniest bit of respect for Ed Milliband. This result is down to him

:lolol: :lolol:

So it was all down to him ???

Not the other politicians including Tory rebels who cast their vote, waste of time them voting then.

Milliband is a creep of the highest order, He does not come from a working class background.

Labour is a watered down version of the Tories.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
My understanding is that we are not going to get involved militarily even if the UN sanctions it.

It is a very difficult call, but the message that we seem to have conveyed is that whilst we condemn chemical attacks, we do not want to get involved in sorting it out - or in other words, we are going to watch whilst innocent people get gassed. That does not really sit easily with me.

Buy why is it OUR responsibility to do something? We do not own Syria. It's not on our doorstep. This is an Arab problem (like so many other of the world's problems) and should be sorted out by Arabs.

If we interfere we will be accused by one side or both of sticking our noses into the internal affairs of another country ... and quite right too.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im sure we will allow the US forces to use British bases, and facilities, whatever happens.
As a country that came under French dominion for decades, maybe the French should have more involvement.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think you need to go and have a look on Amesty International's web site...

That lot of leftie scum? No thanks. I would rather rely upon first hand experience and judge for myself.

The Magic Kingdom has its problems, but they are not as you think.

If anything, the Saudi's are far too soft with their own people, even the police are too scared to do anything against them and spend their time dealing with expats.

Companies are forced to employ Saudis, and they are bomb proof.

The truth is, if Saudis play by the rules thay have it made. The only ones that will get harsh treatment are those who try to rock the boat and any terrorists who try to commit attrocities in the Kingdom, and quite rightly so!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That lot of leftie scum? No thanks. I would rather rely upon first hand experience and judge for myself.

The Magic Kingdom has its problems, but they are not as you think.

If anything, the Saudi's are far too soft with their own people, even the police are too scared to do anything against them and spend their time dealing with expats.

Companies are forced to employ Saudis, and they are bomb proof.

The truth is, if Saudis play by the rules thay have it made. The only ones that will get harsh treatment are those who try to rock the boat and any terrorists who try to commit attrocities in the Kingdom, and quite rightly so!

Or heaven forbid a woman having the audacity to want to drive a car.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The defeat of the government in last night's vote is without doubt the best piece of news I've heard for a very long time and gives me some hope for the future of our system of parliamentary democracy.
I find it strange that you are taking pleasure out of the fact that we will now do nothing to help those innocents who are being slaughtered in their thousands. How do you reconcile this with your 'de facto' membership of Amnesty International and Liberty I wonder.?!?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I suggest you speak to women who live there.

I suggest you do some more research and learn the facts. The women largely choose to live as they do. The government invests billions in trying to educate them, both at home and overseas. Their society and their religious leaders are the ones who control their situation, their Government has limited scope to change their lot. Particularly in Riyadh.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I find it strange that you are taking pleasure out of the fact that we will now do nothing to help those innocents who are being slaughtered in their thousands. How do you reconcile this with your 'de facto' membership of Amnesty International and Liberty I wonder.?!?

While I wasn't alive the vote does immediately bring to my mind Chamberlain waving papers !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Think we are doing nothing, because nobody has come with any credible evidence as to who used this ordinance, but people here seem to have some inside knowledge on it...you should let the Americans know if you have some info.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Or heaven forbid a woman having the audacity to want to drive a car.

I would not want any wife of mine driving in KSA. LOOK INTO THE FACTS. The Goverment have muted allowing it, but the people and religious leaders do not want it. There were comments like "if women were allowed to drive there would be no virgins left". That does not come from the government, it comes from the people.

If you think the Saudi Royal Family are holding guns to their peoples' heads you are very mistaken. People like Amnesty will always distort things because the terrorists they condone are not allowed to do as they please and sometimes get rough treatment. If they behaved, there would not be a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here