Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syria vote Labour demands evidence

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Of course i never thought that the US and Russia would come together. What i did think, unlike you, was that bombing the government a few weeks ago would cause real trouble, and the full facts should come out first. In effect, by bombing the Syrian government when you wanted, would have been seen as siding/supporting the Rebels, who could be as bad as the people you wanted targeted nearly 3 weeks ago.

So if the US and Russia had not come together what would have stopped Assad carrying out another chemical attack against civilians?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So if the US and Russia had not come together what would have stopped Assad carrying out another chemical attack against civilians?

Assuming he did. Also assuming that the threat of a strike would not have been enough to stop him carrying out another chemical attack. The waiting was worth it imo.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2enw950.jpg

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Strange that despite everything that has come to light over the last few weeks, you are still adamant that it was Assad that used the chemical weapons rather than the terrorists.

I am starting to think you have self imposed information blindness. It was Assads regime. The French, British, US, German and subtly even the Russian govts and intelligence agencies say it was, all NGOs in the area say it was, even the Assad regime has nearly admitted it by agreeing to hand there stocks. What more do you need. Clear you prejudice and start looking at the facts. Please.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Just an excuse to bounce the thread - There were certain people here who were arguing for the bombing of Syria, but it's now clear that violence wasn't necessary to remove the alleged threat of chemical weapon use by the regime.

It will be interesting to see how the internationality community reacts when the opposition terrorists inevitably uses chemical weapons again.

As I have said before nobody, not even you, saw the US and Russian's coming together so quickly and fully, without that massive shock we would not be where we are today. Syria had refused to sign the chemical weapon treaties up until that let alone hand them over.
How do you feel about the fact that there have not been any more chemical attacks even though according to you the people who used them still have access to them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here