Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syncronized dies in the national

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They really must do something about that race

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Why?? The all the fences that were dangerous in the past have been reduced in size, it's unfortunate for any horse to meet its end, they can die being involved in any race, synchronized should not have run in the grand national after winning a tough gold cup race. I feel for the owners of both horses that died according to Pete was the other. Horses are bred for racing and jumping they love it. Like every sport it can have unfortunate circumstances.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why?? The all the fences that were dangerous in the past have been reduced in size, it's unfortunate for any horse to meet its end, they can die being involved in any race, synchronized should not have run in the grand national after winning a tough gold cup race. I feel for the owners of both horses that died according to Pete was the other. Horses are bred for racing and jumping they love it. Like every sport it can have unfortunate circumstances.

So why given the choice do loose horses run around the fence rather than jump it?

Humans are making them jump, and in a gruelling competition that always sees fatalities.
It's as reliable as bullfighting, that a quadruped or two will die for the purposes of entertainment.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can't bear to watch the race as I hate to see a horse fall. When a horse is out in the open and decides to jump something it rarely, if ever, falls. Why? Because it doesn't have an 8+stone money crazed human being on its back, whipping it around a course.

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
yes its all vey sad, but it really annoys me when people who know nothing/little about Horses and Racing voice opinions such as these, please do some more research

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
What???? Have you not seen loose horses running with the field and jumping fences? Next you will say show jumping is cruel???? And they jump bigger obstacles!!!

Yeah, but they haven't got 40 other horses around them jumping the same fence !!

According to pete was killed after hitting a horse that had fallen in front of him

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah its becoming to dangerous and i dread to think what the owners think as it should be the biggest day to look forward to.Can't understand why they can't reduce the sizes of the fences,what is it 7 foot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here