Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Day Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We haven't scored an away goal in the League cup for 11 years. Chris McPhee was the last one apparently.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...to_Chris_McPhee_in_quest_for_cup_win/?ref=twt

No thanks to Vicente putting the ball on Ashley Barnes' head and the attempt hitting the post at Swindon last time around. Detractors would say what a miss and supporters of Barnes would say bad luck. I thought that one was a bad miss, the play-off attempt when Speroni tipped the ball on to the post was bad luck.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I quite like the League Cup, but I think it starts too early in the season.

Recently, it has been just a source of embarrassment, and not only to the Albion.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You might want to read that article all the way through...we haven't won away in the cup for 11 years, McPhee scored the winner.

Pretty sure it was an overhead kick against Bristol Rovers?

Nathen Jones might have got sent off for a two footed tackle, I remember the highlights as claridge claimed Jones should be banned for the rest of the season.

Edit* Or just read the Argus Article which I didnt until now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm going tonight, if we play crap I'll know who to blame.

Bloody hell.

:down:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Were loose

judas-kiss-660.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I quite like the League Cup, but I think it starts too early in the season.

Recently, it has been just a source of embarrassment, and not only to the Albion.

Me too, there's nothing quite like the magic and romance of playing a cup game with the floodlights on. Definitely needs to be shifted back another month or so though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What time we know who is on the pitch today? Sorry Im new here that´s why I ask this! Where can I find that information?

Welcome, good to have you here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
3:0 win.
Holla (14) free kick
Bruno (38)
Teixeira (88)

There's a good chance that NONE of those three will play!

................Stockdale......................
Calde.....Dunk...Hughes...Chicksen
..........Ince..Toko..JFC............
McCourt...........................KLL
...............O'Grady....................

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You might want to read that article all the way through...we haven't won away in the cup for 11 years, McPhee scored the winner.

The current Weymouth striker was the last player to score for the Seagulls in a League Cup win away from home.
(Copied & pasted)

lola

Jul 28, 2014
Finland
I Just want to know players / who play´s and who is not playing? Quite important for me when I make my bet.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m

#bhafc Ankergren; Calderon, Hughes, Dunk, Chicksen; Ince, Forster-Caskey, Crofts; LuaLua, Colunga, O’Grady

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Colunga starts.

Nice introduction to English football.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 40s

Gardner on the bench. #bhafc subs: Stockdale, Maksimenko, Bennett, Toko, Teixeira, Gardner, McCourt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here