Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweden’s Coronovirus strategy will soon be the worlds

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
One of these gentlemen would prove to be a fine drinking partner in any pub of your choice.

The other is a ****ing nutter.

Take your pick.

Very clever Darren. Great example of how a forum owner should behave. Get personal and throw derogatory terms at someone you don’t agree with. Isn’t that the exact behaviour e77 was hypocritically attempting to criticise and accuse me of just a few posts above? Very mature of you. There are a huge number of people that agree with my point of view as you well know hence the huge amount of information and facts I’m able to share that supports the argument that are getting millions of people supporting them.

Edit: Removed a personal attack back at Darren but have removed as I’m much better than stooping to that level.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When this fails they trying and neutralise you by playing the man and not the ball, usually by trying to knock your confidence by questioning your character or intelligence, more often that not ending in out and out gaslighting.

Insane level of hypocrisy in this post.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Very clever Darren. Great example of how a forum owner I was on should behave. Get personal and throw derogatory terms at someone you don’t agree with. Isn’t that the exact behaviour e77 was hypocritically attempting to criticise and accuse me of just a few posts above? Very mature of you. There are a huge number of people that agree with my point of view as you well know hence the huge amount of information and facts I’m able to share that supports the argument that are getting millions of people supporting them.

Edit: Removed a personal attack back at Darren but have removed as I’m much better than stooping to that level.

Your holier than thou evangelical stance is getting a little tiring. If I were in your position and the owner of the forum I was on spouting stuff on day after day criticised me, then maybe I would have a look at myself and maybe rein it in a bit.

But no, you just post more and more stuff to enlighten us!

Darren and his fellow moderators have far more patience than I have. I would have banned you ages ago, not because I don't agree with your opinions, but for your constant barrage of spam!

If there are millions of people who agree with you, go and talk to them, and stop trying to persuade people that yours is the only and right way and that anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron!

I am sure you will find a healthy outlet out there somewhere for your conspiracy theories, confirmation bias YouTube videos and articles.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Who have I called a moron? Seems that all this post is saying is that you’d censor and ban someone for posting some stuff that support an argument on a thread related to that subject. How is that spam? Content that just because it’s not the belief system of many here sees personal attacks thrown. Although we’ve established we do actually agree so I’m really confused now why you even find my content spam at all.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Who have I called a moron? Seems that all this post is saying is that you’d censor and ban someone for posting some stuff that support an argument on a thread related to that subject. How is that spam? Content that just because it’s not the belief system of many here sees personal attacks thrown. Although we’ve established we do actually agree so I’m really confused now why you even find my content spam at all.

But it's not "some stuff" it's a Tsunami of the same "stuff" duplicated day after day. Oh look here's another video I've found that proves I'm right, and have you seen this article that proves I'm right, and this blog from a doctor proves I'm right... It's like waterboarding, but without the water.

If I was getting this in my email everyday I would call it spam and take the appropriate action

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But it's not "some stuff" it's a Tsunami of the same "stuff" duplicated day after day. Oh look here's another video I've found that proves I'm right, and have you seen this article that proves I'm right, and this blog from a doctor proves I'm right... It's like waterboarding, but without the water.

If I was getting this in my email everyday I would call it spam and take the appropriate action

I think we’ve established that you don’t even read or watch the content so I’m not sure you can ascertain what it is saying. What you are essentially proposing is that you can’t present a build of information to support a viewpoint. If NSC wants to have a forum on a subject and then censor information relating to it don’t you think that would be a tragedy for this forum?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think we’ve established that you don’t even read or watch the content so I’m not sure you can ascertain what it is saying. What you are essentially proposing is that you can’t present a build of information to support a viewpoint. If NSC wants to have a forum on a subject and then censor information relating to it don’t you think that would be a tragedy for this forum?

Again, you fail to understand, or decide not to.

I have looked at MANY of the videos and read the articles you link to. By now, I clearly understand the viewpoint you represent, and unless you have had an epiphany I can make an informed opinion as to the content you post without having to sit through each and every one of your many links.

A forum on any subject should be about balance. If someone came on these forums, and every day started a new thread or posted new content to show they thought Palace were shit, eventually even those that agreed would become bored of the same old same old...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A forum on any subject should be about balance. If someone came on these forums, and every day started a new thread or posted new content to show they thought Palace were shit, eventually even those that agreed would become bored of the same old same old...

So you'd ban that poster for constantly posting about Palace on a Brighton forum because it bored you? What I tend to do if I don't find someones posts interesting or repetitive is ignore them. There is even a block feature that you may find useful? I must have been mistaken that a thread about coronovirus was the place to post information about that subject and I certainly didn't realise there was a rule that controlled the volume someone was allowed to post (new) information on a topic. Just thinking back to the old Brexit threads on NSC (which I had very little participation in) multiple users posted the same old vitriolic stuff day after day after day for years and I don't recall anyone there advocating censorship or bans?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry to disturb your interesting conversation but I would like to comment re: the economic impact on Sweden compared to other countries as there are some baseless claims here from both sides ("look, they economically fared no better than i.e Denmark" and "but their economy is expected to recover faster!").

Sweden is a country that exports things the world need/want when things are going well (or when there is a lot of wars going on). Currently there is not a massive demand for timber and iron ore. Sweden were always going to do worse than a food & pharmaceuticals heavy exporter like Denmark during the pandemic. Having no lockdown most likely decreased this difference, if it was worth it or not I leave others to speculate in. But you cant just look at numbers and draw conclusions from those alone, you need to have context.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So you'd ban that poster for constantly posting about Palace on a Brighton forum because it bored you? What I tend to do if I don't find someones posts interesting or repetitive is ignore them. There is even a block feature that you may find useful? I must have been mistaken that a thread about coronovirus was the place to post information about that subject and I certainly didn't realise there was a rule that controlled the volume someone was allowed to post (new) information on a topic. Just thinking back to the old Brexit threads on NSC (which I had very little participation in) multiple users posted the same old vitriolic stuff day after day after day for years and I don't recall anyone there advocating censorship or bans?

I have taken your erstwhile advice...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Insane level of hypocrisy in this post.

Here's the thing. In general terms my viewpoint is shared by global experts and elected governments while yours seems to be derived from sources that could charitably be described as outliers. If I or others seem fairly set in our ways it is for the very good reason that we are basing our worldview on mainstream science (which is not to say it won't evolve over time on masks, for example).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No one would be stupid enough to buy this story...would they?

Laughable that the article uses its data set from June 7th when cases were still rising in Sweden.They've literally set the goal posts where they would still allow the story to work. It's also a short term view of the picture. Its what the long term looks like that's absolutely key and what all good leadership should be prioritising. Sweded number of deaths 13 Oct = ZERO. How can anyone argue their approach isn't better than the UKS? We have higher cases, deaths, and restrictions!

Like I said at this stage I'd prefer either a short sharp NZ total lock down (without the silly draconian covid removal from home rules) or a Sweden strategy as at least both have good leadership, strategy, clarity and and end goal that allows normality of life quickly. We have got literally the worst of all worlds in Europe and how anyone can defend what we are doing compared to the ends of the spectrum on either end is beyond me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No one would be stupid enough to buy this story...would they?

I suppose you two are in a self-imposed lockdown rather than following "the Swedish model" (social distancing)?

Or are you hypocrites agreeing that the so called Swedish strategy causes death and misery, yet carry on with social distancing rather than locking yourself up in your houses, only going out once a day for some excerise or to buy necessary items?

If you are only practicing social distancing rather than the lockdown lifestyle, why is this the case when you are obviously convinced any other way than lockdown is shit?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I suppose you two are in a self-imposed lockdown rather than following "the Swedish model" (social distancing)?

Or are you hypocrites agreeing that the so called Swedish strategy causes death and misery, yet carry on with social distancing rather than locking yourself up in your houses, only going out once a day for some excerise or to buy necessary items?

If you are only practicing social distancing rather than the lockdown lifestyle, why is this the case when you are obviously convinced any other way than lockdown is shit?

Pardon? How did you come to that conclusion from what I posted? :smokin:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pardon? How did you come to that conclusion from what I posted? :smokin:

Since you posted the article where Time is selling the idea that the Swedish strategy (social distancing) is causing "nothing but death and misery" I think its quite easy to imagine that you are an advocate of harsher measures (lockdown).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Since you posted the article where Time is selling the idea that the Swedish strategy (social distancing) is causing "nothing but death and misery" I think its quite easy to imagine that you are an advocate of harsher measures (lockdown).

Not really, I just think we should stop going on about the 'Swedish model' and what a success it has been. It hasn't been successful in preserving life and the economy has not done significantly better than anywhere else. Lose / Lose situation really.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Laughable that the article uses its data set from June 7th when cases were still rising in Sweden.They've literally set the goal posts where they would still allow the story to work. It's also a short term view of the picture. Its what the long term looks like that's absolutely key and what all good leadership should be prioritising. Sweded number of deaths 13 Oct = ZERO. How can anyone argue their approach isn't better than the UKS? We have higher cases, deaths, and restrictions!

Like I said at this stage I'd prefer either a short sharp NZ total lock down (without the silly draconian covid removal from home rules) or a Sweden strategy as at least both have good leadership, strategy, clarity and and end goal that allows normality of life quickly. We have got literally the worst of all worlds in Europe and how anyone can defend what we are doing compared to the ends of the spectrum on either end is beyond me.

Faced with that article and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s cutting remark, you've resorted to whataboutery with the UK.

We all already know that the UK, and Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain and Italy have had huge numbers of avoidable CV19 deaths. Real people, real loved ones.

The point is that the Danes and Germans got this right, whilst the aforementioned countries through varying strategies or inertia, got it wrong.

If the Swedish strategy had been adopted in France, the UK or Spain for example, the respective death tolls would've been even worse.

Regarding NZ, they have the advantage of being literally thousands of miles away from the rest of humanity, plus they got Covid much later, giving them a heads up. Their first death was on 29th March, compared to:
France - 14th Feb
Spain - 13th Feb
UK - 4th Mar
Italy - 21st Feb
USA - 26th Feb
Interestingly, NZ and PM Ardern have been slagged off on NSC by Covid libertarians as draconian and fascist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here