Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] SWC/SEC Off?

el punal

WSU, around row L or so of W3D a guy who was obviously a Roma fan without the commonsense to be discreet about it caused a bit of aggravation in the first half. Several stewards had a long chat with him then left him where he was, where he spent the whole time video calling his mate and showing him the game. He disappeared at half time, don't know if he was thrown out or left by himself.
Just below me then. I reckon the stewards, to save a lot of aggro to move him, waited until halftime to take action.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Anyone got any idea why they were there? Plenty of empty seats in the Roma end. That section isn't usually for away fans is it??

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Anyone got any idea why they were there? Plenty of empty seats in the Roma end. That section isn't usually for away fans is it??
I think it’s something to do with a UEFA requirement about some seating being made available to away fans that isn’t just behind the goal. I might not be spot on with that - but it’s something like that … I believe.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Yes, that area has been given over to away fans for all the Europa League games.
Seems a bit ridiculous really and asking for trouble being so close to home fans to the left and directly below.

Surely the obvious option would be to allocate more seats behind the goal so all away fans are together and leave the raised section as home only.

As per post #28 above, this must be a UEFA decision, idiots.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think it’s something to do with a UEFA requirement about some seating being made available to away fans that isn’t just behind the goal. I might not be spot on with that - but it’s something like that … I believe.
On my stream, Roma had a corner down there and the commentator said something along the lines of the Roma player trotting over and waving to fans in the corner stand. I was a bit puzzled, as all I could see where the ones at the other end of the stand. Now I know!

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Seems a bit ridiculous really and asking for trouble being so close to home fans to the left and directly below.

Surely the obvious option would be to allocate more seats behind the goal so all away fans are together and leave the raised section as home only.

As per post #28 above, this must be a UEFA decision, idiots.
There has been "banter" between home and away fans at every Europa League match, but last night it could have turned nasty after the disgusting behaviour of the Roma supporters.
There was only a couple of stewards in there until the police turned up at half time.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Have to love the double standards - snitching on away fans in home ends, yet in the away games Brighton fans on NSC co-ordinating where to sit in home ends 😂😂
Remember all the Brighton fans who bought AEK tickets in the main stand in Athens too?

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
I snitched on an away supporter to a steward in WSL but that was for his own safety. When we thought they had scored a goal in the first half he jumped up and waved his Roma scarf around. Needless to say the people at the end of the row behind him looked like they were going to smack him. I don't think he read the room very well and perhaps should take his scarf off and sit on his hands if the occasion ever arises again. :rolleyes:
For his own safety!

Yet our fans in with Roma at home was fine.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Have to love the double standards - snitching on away fans in home ends, yet in the away games Brighton fans on NSC co-ordinating where to sit in home ends 😂😂
There has been "banter" between home and away fans at every Europa League match, but last night it could have turned nasty after the disgusting behaviour of the Roma supporters.
There was only a couple of stewards in there until the police turned up at half time.
When BHAFC supporters complained they got the same response we did from BHAFC stewards in Rome - ‘tell UEFA’.

Woefully under prepared / resourced.

If that had been us then PB would have had a field day with ejections & bans. But, when it comes to it the Club don’t really cope with the opposition’s supporters.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
For his own safety!

Yet our fans in with Roma at home was fine.
I wasn't in with the home fans at Roma! For those that were, I'm sure they probably had the sense to sit on their hands! If they didn't that's their own stupid fault.
I don't want to see some young lad smacked by one of the 4 'hold me back' middle aged blokes in the row behind him that were up out of their seats giving him a load of abuse. And as selfish as this may sound I'm there to watch a game of football!! Young kids in front & if the blokes at the end of the aisle had decided to go for him, the only exit for the lad was over me & Jnr 6 seats away. I can only apologise for not wanting to have a brawl ensue around me whilst watching the match! Also my Jnr's safety comes well ahead of some away fan in the home stand who's too stupid to sit on his hands!!!!
The away fan is going to leg it towards Jnr & I, the people behind are going to chase after him, it's not f**king rocket science to realise that Jnr & I will be caught up in the middle of it if it kicks off! I'll be the muppet that probably ends up getting smacked, as I'll be the twat that tries to get in the middle and break it up before the brawl gets to Jnr's seat. I'm actually quite good at it, but I've only had to do it in pubs, not very enclosed areas with young kids there.
Basically get off your high horse, if you're happy with brawls, fine that's up to you. The kid was asking for trouble, I'm not going to sit around waiting to see if he gets what he's asking for if Jnr and I are going to be in the middle of it, if that's ok with you?

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
I wasn't in with the home fans at Roma! For those that were, I'm sure they probably had the sense to sit on their hands! If they didn't that's their own stupid fault.
I don't want to see some young lad smacked by one of the 4 'hold me back' middle aged blokes in the row behind him that were up out of their seats giving him a load of abuse. And as selfish as this may sound I'm there to watch a game of football!! Young kids in front & if the blokes at the end of the aisle had decided to go for him, the only exit for the lad was over me & Jnr 6 seats away. I can only apologise for not wanting to have a brawl ensue around me whilst watching the match! Also my Jnr's safety comes well ahead of some away fan in the home stand who's too stupid to sit on his hands!!!!
The away fan is going to leg it towards Jnr & I, the people behind are going to chase after him, it's not f**king rocket science to realise that Jnr & I will be caught up in the middle of it if it kicks off! I'll be the muppet that probably ends up getting smacked, as I'll be the twat that tries to get in the middle and break it up before the brawl gets to Jnr's seat. I'm actually quite good at it, but I've only had to do it in pubs, not very enclosed areas with young kids there.
Basically get off your high horse, if you're happy with brawls, fine that's up to you. The kid was asking for trouble, I'm not going to sit around waiting to see if he gets what he's asking for if Jnr and I are going to be in the middle of it, if that's ok with you?
I didn’t say you were in the home end at Roma.

I didn’t say I was happy with brawls and I can confirm I don’t want away fans in the home end. My point was that at Ajax and Roma there were BHAFC supporters in home end. Yes, they probably kept a low profile but they were still there - doing what we moan about, and breaching ground regulations at other clubs.

It appears you didn’t snitch on him for his own safety so thanks for clarifying. You did it to protect your kid, which is understandable.

Could have just clarified that from the off. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here