Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea want Hemed

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At some point another team will be linked with Hughton.

As I said a few weeks ago, can't see this. He's not likely to move to another team in the Championship and which teams in the Prem would want him? Certainly none of the top ones and the ones at the bottom have either replaced or about to replace their managers. or have had CH as manager already,

The only scenario that it may be possible is if Clement or Karanka are tempred away and Derby and Boro are looking for a replacement 0 but I still don't think that Hughton moving would be that likely

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no doubt we are at threat in the transfer window from Premier League clubs coming in for some of our players, there's nothing we can do to stop the interest.

This window will test Hughton and the board. The facts are that Hemed hasn't scored a lot of goals, Dunk has made key mistakes and JFC has hardly kicked a ball for us this season but you're probably talking about £15 million worth of players there. There are arguments for keeping all three, and there are also arguments for shipping out all three (provided the funds are fully reinvested in the squad).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which players have we sold in January recently ?

Barnes who was in the last few months of his contract.
Bridcutt who couldn't focus.

Any others ?

Seems like we don't often sell in January unless there is a good reason to.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I said a few weeks ago, can't see this. He's not likely to move to another team in the Championship and which teams in the Prem would want him? Certainly none of the top ones and the ones at the bottom have either replaced or about to replace their managers. or have had CH as manager already,

The only scenario that it may be possible is if Clement or Karanka are tempred away and Derby and Boro are looking for a replacement 0 but I still don't think that Hughton moving would be that likely

I don't think him MOVING would be likely at all. However, his name was mentioned in connection with Fulham on here and twitter. In the days of "citizen journalists" :)lolol:) it's not going to take much for someone to come up with a Hughton to xxxx story.

There's someone on here that knows Hughton better than anyone else and his take was that he's here for a crack at the PL with us.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Not for sale - Just show the players details on Buckley and Bridcutt's move to the big time and how it can turn out. Stay put and you will get an opportunity with the Albion in the PL (if we go up)

It would be a classic watch for our players to have to sit down in front of. Put together a montage of a glum-looking Bridcutt sitting on our bench (I Want to Break Free by Queen playing) while trying to force his move, the big smiles when shaking hands with Poyet and holding up the Sunderland shirt (Gold by Spandau Ballet or Lou Reed's Perfect Day playing) and then the subsequent decline in fortunes (some track by Elbow). Similar one with Buckley.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There's no doubt we are at threat in the transfer window from Premier League clubs coming in for some of our players, there's nothing we can do to stop the interest.

This window will test Hughton and the board. The facts are that Hemed hasn't scored a lot of goals, Dunk has made key mistakes and JFC has hardly kicked a ball for us this season but you're probably talking about £15 million worth of players there. There are arguments for keeping all three, and there are also arguments for shipping out all three (provided the funds are fully reinvested in the squad).

That report suggests that the forward which Swansea were scouting was Tomer Hemed. The reason it gave was because ''he would fit into their system of play'' - BUT they havn't even got a manager. Who knows what system the new manager might play ?

I have a feeling they did send a scout to that match but that's not unusual. We have scouts at about 5 different matches every week ourselves but if Swansea were watching anyone in particular I have no doubt that it would have been James Wilson and not Tomer Hemed and I am sure that they won't be the only ones looking to make an offer for Wilson if he continues to score throughout December for us

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Slightly OT, but I absolutely HATE that celebration that Gomis does.

Plus I'm still living in the hope that "Israeli Men" will take off.

So for both of those reasons, I'm well out.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't buy this ***** is a sh*thole argument, as players have the wherewithal to live in some beautiful areas close to their chosen club. For example, only a few miles from Swansea is the Gower, which is either a classy left handed English cricketer OR a area of outstanding natural beauty.

Agreed, Stoke is one of the biggest shitholes in Europe but they have managed to assemble a pretty good squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For example, only a few miles from Swansea is the Gower, which is either a classy left handed English cricketer OR a area of outstanding natural beauty.
I know which I'd rather be in :safeway:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Agreed, Stoke is one of the biggest shitholes in Europe but they have managed to assemble a pretty good squad.

Most of them live in Partridge Green, get flown up there on matchdays and return straight back south post-match so hardly a valid comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here