Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swann vs Pietersen

Who's more of a knob out of Swann and Pietersen?

• Total voters

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'd love to know who these batsmen are that Cowfold Seagull thinks are more than adequate replacements for Pietersen. Whoever they are, they've passed me by.

Re: the poll, the OP appears to have omitted Shane Warne from the options. Had he been included, he'd have won hands down.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

D

Deleted member 18477

Swann is a top boy! Lad.

Pietersen is box office.

Love them both. Neither are knobs.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's an odd turn that this thread has taken... Seems pretty straightforward as questions go for me.

Pietersen gets my vote. I can only go by what I've seen from their interviews, how they seem on camera, and also the misdemeanours that have been admitted/apologised for...

But in the absence of any personal contact with either, my gut feel is that Pietersen is more of a knob than Swann. Great cricketer of course, but that wasn't the question.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So all of you think that both of them don't have a SINGLE knobbish bone in their body? You don't think either of them have ever done anything in their whole lives that could be construed as "acting like a bit of a knob"? The question is worded very carefully. Not which of them is a knob. Which of them is MORE of a knob.
I reckon Swanny has got a bigger knob than KP....will that do?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Blimey, not many Sussex CCC supporters on here are there?

The Saffer **** royally Googled Peter Moores reign as England Manager - the same Peter Moores who finally got Sussex over the line as County Championship winners after ten thousand years of failure.

I don't care how good a Cricketer he is, in the words of Teddy Roosevelt 'I could carve a better man from a banana' :tosser:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's all relative. Nobs or not, they're both entertainers. Contrast that with the much of the low life in the Engand football team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's an odd turn that this thread has taken... Seems pretty straightforward as questions go for me.

Pietersen gets my vote. I can only go by what I've seen from their interviews, how they seem on camera, and also the misdemeanours that have been admitted/apologised for...

But in the absence of any personal contact with either, my gut feel is that Pietersen is more of a knob than Swann. Great cricketer of course, but that wasn't the question.

Took 45 responses for someone to understand a fairly straightforward question. Thank you sir.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

The Saffer **** royally Googled Peter Moores reign as England Manager - the same Peter Moores who finally got Sussex over the line as County Championship winners after ten thousand years of failure.

I don't care how good a Cricketer he is, in the words of Teddy Roosevelt 'I could carve a better man from a banana' :tosser:

Moores was rubbish as England coach. Whatever you think about what KP did, it has been proved that he was absolutely spot on. The ECB asked him to give them a report on how to improve the team, he gave them an honest answer! The England team has come on leaps and bounds since Andy Flower was given the job.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Moores was rubbish as England coach. Whatever you think about what KP did, it has been proved that he was absolutely spot on. The ECB asked him to give them a report on how to improve the team, he gave them an honest answer! The England team has come on leaps and bounds since Andy Flower was given the job.
Mind you Moores has done fantastically well at Lancashire....oh wait....:lolol:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

As much as I respect Peter Moores for what he did with Sussex, getting him fired might just be the best thing Pietersen ever did for English cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here