Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swann vs Pietersen

Who's more of a knob out of Swann and Pietersen?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No more than anyone. Funny how the media paint Peterson, and while there is probably a grain of truth in some of it, when you listen to him talking he comes across completely different from what you'd expect if you just read the ppers. Still, he stands up for himself and that gives the media a target, so let them get on with it if it mkes them happy.

Quite. So much of this is media driven. You can see why Piteresen ends up with reacting - they simply can't WAIT for a stick to beat him with.

By contrast, we were spoon fed media adoration for Flintoff, who was a FAR bigger KNOB than either Pietersen or Swann will ever be.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Au contraire. Swan is ok, (apart from the fact he is keeping Monty out of the test side), but as for KP ... he is the knob to end all knobs. Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'arrogant'. In my opinion he should of been banned permanently by the England selectors after that 'texting' incident with South Africa a few years back. There are several batsmen capable of taking his place, and doing at least as good a job as him, and just as importantly, showing a lot more compassion and humility.

Really?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely it is not going by your logic. You must have at least one knobish bone in your body?

You've got me. I did once annoy my cat for quite a long time.

Jimmy Grimble

Make a better one within 15 MINUTES THEN.

Is there a new rule on NSC which means you're unable to cast judgment on the quality of a thread, unless you are prepared to start a thread of your own within 15 minutes of criticising aforementioned thread?

Sounds a bit of a knob-ish rule.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Au contraire. Swan is ok, (apart from the fact he is keeping Monty out of the test side), but as for KP ... he is the knob to end all knobs. Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'arrogant'. In my opinion he should of been banned permanently by the England selectors after that 'texting' incident with South Africa a few years back. There are several batsmen capable of taking his place, and doing at least as good a job as him, and just as importantly, showing a lot more compassion and humility.

MacKenzie was stating how he felt not giving a statement of fact; "on the contrary" doesn't make sense in that context unless you don't really don't believe he quite likes them both!

Anyway, pedantry aside, I much prefer Pavilionaire's conciliatory approach to KP's past antics so it's a neither from me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The numbers suggest that he is the best batsman to ever play for England (highest average & best strike rate of players to have scored 7000+ runs for England.) Now I don't quite believe that to be true but to claim that there are several batsman capable of taking his place is just nonsense.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You've got me. I did once annoy my cat for quite a long time.

Really? I thought the cat said it was all over in less than a minute?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So all of you think that both of them don't have a SINGLE knobbish bone in their body? You don't think either of them have ever done anything in their whole lives that could be construed as "acting like a bit of a knob"? The question is worded very carefully. Not which of them is a knob. Which of them is MORE of a knob.

so what is your agenda here then?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Whatever you think of Pietersen as a man the fact remains that there simply AREN'T the batsmen out there capable of taking his place. In the last 6 years the only man to break through as a batsman and hold down his place is Trott. If you're being brutally honest the jury's still out on Root (Compton was dropped having bagged 2 test tons) while Bairstow's now had 12 tests and still to get his first century.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Quite. So much of this is media driven. You can see why Piteresen ends up with reacting - they simply can't WAIT for a stick to beat him with.

By contrast, we were spoon fed media adoration for Flintoff, who was a FAR bigger KNOB than either Pietersen or Swann will ever be.

That'll be media darling Flintoff who with the exception of a 3/4 year period p*ssed his entire career and talent away. It makes me furious, Pietersen has contributed far more to the England cricket team than Flintoff ever did & is treated with casual indifference at best & disdain at worst.

What do we want from our sports people?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Broad

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Spot on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is there a new rule on NSC which means you're unable to cast judgment on the quality of a thread, unless you are prepared to start a thread of your own within 15 minutes of criticising aforementioned thread?

Sounds a bit of a knob-ish rule.

Fraid so. Sorry. I don't make the rules.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Wrong on so many levels.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
so what is your agenda here then?

Following on from the 4th test thread, finding out who people think is more of a knob. Pretty obvious really.

I was naive in thinking NSC would go along with it.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To what end, though?

Why pick just those two?

Why not widen the question out to encompass the entire England squad?

So many questions.

Because those were the two being compared on that thread. Thought it would be useful to gauge sentiment.

*makes note not to start any more threads*

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The media seem to have a blacklist of people they will refuse to print anything positive about and unfortunately Pietersen has been placed on it. They have spent years making him out to be devil spawn. Like most other posters have mentioned, in interviews he comes across as a decent guy and all good people have probably done a few twattish things in their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here