Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex vs Northants County Championship Division Two at Hove

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Was told that someone got thrown out for barracking today.

Lucky bugger, meant he/she was spared watching any more that shitshow.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bollocks is it - there are fundamental problems at the club from the top right the way down

I don't disagree, but we HAVE got a number of players who have performed well this season out injured at the moment.

Clearly the strategy has been to give youth a chance, and hope that they can fill the batting gaps that have been there for some time (Since he likes of Goodwin / Joyce left), but with a few injuries we've had to loan in 2 players, but it hasn't fixed the batting.

I agree there is a more fundamental issue with batting quality, but most teams are struggling to score big regularly.

Re the bowling, it has also been mentioned that this is not a problem - I disagree - we had Northants at 99 for 6 and 205 for 9... our reliance on a couple of bowlers and little depth has meant we've been unable to finish teams off.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Times have changed. I remember being there when someone shouted at Geoff Arnold to get on with it only for him to shout back "Up your arse"

I think the worst thing I remember was a Yorkshire member at Hove shouting "Bring on an English player!" as Imran Khan walked to the crease. Wrong on so many levels and more so as he was in our members section as a "guest". Awful.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No doubt Northants will declare about lunch time match all over by close of play.

Rubbish. We will TEAR through them today, SKITTLING wickets like crazy, before STACKING up record stands for every partnership – and leaving the car park a SHATTERED mess of broken car windows from all the STEEPLING sixes we score.

Actually. Yeah. Over by tea. :facepalm:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ollie Robinson takes his 3rd this morning, and has 10 wickets in the match :clap:

First innings: 24-7-63-6
Second innings: 15.1-1.61-4

265-7, lead is 432

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Northants 331 all out

A target of 499 to win for Sussex, from 5 sessions and a tricky 20 minutes before lunch.

#gameon

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Incredible work from Sussex to sign all the bowlers then still be unable to bowl a side out cheaply. What a terrific banter county we are.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We'd have more chance with this frozen Kenyan lad from the plane batting. At least he can block.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wells gone nibbling again.

Terribly short of confidence. I'd like to see the remainder of this innings played out much more positively. Nothing to be gained by prodarsing around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here