Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex vs Northants County Championship Division Two at Hove

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is classic Sussex batfliddery. We struggle to get the ball off the square, and get rolled over for 100 on a veritable minefield, and the opposition then go in and play like it's a 50 over game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is an utterly appalling performance. To be rolled over for a 100 on a good batting wicket by the bottom club is an utter disgrace

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is an utterly appalling performance. To be rolled over for a 100 on a good batting wicket by the bottom club is an utter disgrace

and worse now that they are now 108 for NO WICKET from 24 overs on the same track.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
and worse now that they are now 108 for NO WICKET from 24 overs on the same track.

Have we hit a new low?

As someone mentioned earlier, I don't envy Ben Brown's twitter justification of THIS later today.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Not sure what's gone wrong. A few weeks ago we looked like promotion possibles. Now like minor counties.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Just walked in, and Robinson strikes, the comeback starts here. Having a South Brew Co. Kiss The Sun DDH IPA 6.2% to celebrate, #MondatNightDrinking

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hudson-Prentice (remember him?) scored 99 for Derbyshire yesterday. Spent 3 years without a county.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dizzy has said on a couple of occasions on Twitter it was Wright's decision to help prolong his career

On the other hand, Wright said that he'd spent the winter preparing for red-ball cricket and turned down a contract to Pakistan to do so.

So, it's anyone's guess what's the real story (my money's on Wright's version being the more accurate, however)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
On the other hand, Wright said that he'd spent the winter preparing for red-ball cricket and turned down a contract to Pakistan to do so.

So, it's anyone's guess what's the real story (my money's on Wright's version being the more accurate, however)
What has Wright said? Dizzy has explicitly said it was Wright's decision. Perhaps Wright tried to prepare for red ball cricket but decided the body wasn't up to it in the end.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here