Sussex v Yorkshire (Twenty20 Cup Quarter Final - Hove)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You must have been near me then - i saw a 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea' t-shirt (Blue and black) and immediately thought 'good god, he's got a sporting colours t-shirt.....he must post on NSC!'.

I'm still not convinced anyone actually sung anything in the North Stand until the final over.....apart from myself of course!
:drink::drink::drink:

I wore my 'East East East Sussex' T- shirt. Ian Hart thought it looked shit, and demanded a 'West West West Sussex' version. For free.

Point is, once Yorkshire fell behind the required run rate, I was always confident we'd win. Yorkshire needed the same couple of overs that we had had towards the end of our innings. But they were never going to to get it because, and I say this with all politeness and sincerity...

WE HAVE THE BEST BOWLING ATTACK IN THE COUNTRY. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What a night. Kirtly bowled like a man posessed and Mushy....................what a legend. was surprised how fast he bowls:mushy::afro::mushy::clap2:

Afraid i enjoyed it as much if not more than the Albion:blush: but that was because beer was easy to get,it was a lovely evening and we were watching world-class sportsmen (and we thrashed them):clap::yahoo::mushy::bowdown:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not a bad performance by a county that ranks 16/18 in Twenty20. I think there was only one other year that we looked like we could threaten to seal a place in the knockout phase, but we were robbed by the rain.

Bravo. :clap:

Twenty20 Cup - Finals Day 2007:

Finals Day in the Twenty20 Cup in 2007 returns to Edgbaston - with August 4 the date for the semi-finals and the final in Birmingham.

Tickets will be priced from £20-£55 and spectators can purchase a maximum of six tickets each. Initially, these are only available online by logging on to www.edgbaston.com

Warwickshire members will enjoy a 10 per cent discount and a priority booking period until May 31.

Members can purchase their tickets by calling 0870 062 1902 or by visiting the membership office.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One criticism is that Kirtley (I think) took the bails off at the end with the ball long gone so with his arm.

Is this as bad as a dive for a penalty ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One criticism is that Kirtley (I think) took the bails off at the end with the ball long gone so with his arm.

Is this as bad as a dive for a penalty ?

Depends. Was it a muted appeal by him or did he not apeal at all. I missed that bit (on TV)?

Having done something similar it is all very spur of the moment with a minute amount of time to react.

Not if it is not deliberate. The umpire still has to make a decision to give the batsman in or out.

A dive for a penalty is a calculated and deliberate attempt to gain an advantage by decieving the ref.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be honest, I got the impression he wasn't sure whether he'd successfully diverted the ball onto the stumps himself. Looking at the TV footage, he wasn't looking at the stumps as he broke them.

Under such circumstances, I thinks it's only fair to be able to appeal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fair comment, just wondered what people thought as it was a third umpire decision in the end and his captain did indicate to him he hit the stumps with his hand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fair comment, just wondered what people thought as it was a third umpire decision in the end and his captain did indicate to him he hit the stumps with his hand.

having played cricket at most levels, what Kirtly did was a real no no!

we have all appealed for LBW when we know in our heart of hearts the batsman nicked it, and possibly appealed when the ball may have just hit the ground in front of us...its not clever and is normally followed by a very quick apology and a beer after the game.

however, K did not apologise for what was blatent cheating, expecially when Adams knew himself it missed the wicket...its not as if it was close to be honest.

I have played against K midweek when he played for eastbourne and he is not the most chartiable of fellows.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do you get a refund if you lose in the semi :jester:

I'm not sure this "finals day" format is really a good idea.

Having four teams at the same ground halves the number of tickets each club can have, and also, although unlikley at cricket I know, I guess with four sets of fans drinking all day, a punch up is more likely.

Plus - if you lose the first semi-final, would you really want to stay and watch the rest of the days cricket? Not sure I would to be honest, so it then becomes £55 for one Twenty20 match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports