Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Yorkshire (Twenty20 Cup Quarter Final - Hove)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eastbourne College boy for you. Still, we used to give them a spanking or three - Now Brighton College posed a more serious threat!

It may have been something to do with the fact that I had twatted him for 4 through the covers and he said something about the legitimancy of my birth certificate. I just said " you keep chucking em mate I'll keep hitting em"

Looking back it was funny, but the next three overs I only saw one ball, the rest I was weaving out the way of

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

"Am I the only one who took exception to the Sussex performance? It seemed strange that the elderly Mushtaq was fit to bowl his allotted overs but suddenly developed a hamstring twinge and had to be replaced by one the best and quickest outfielders I've ever seen. The appeal by Kitley in the last over was simply blatant cheating.
Adams is a good captain who's achieved much succes with a breathtakingly simple but highly effective game plan. However there's something deeply unpleasant about his aggression and bravado.
Sure - they beat us and deserved to win - but the bigger prize lies ahead and - in the words of St Kev of St. James - I would LOVE it if we beat them to the Championship. I'm investigating holiday leave for Sept 5 - 8th - I'd like to see us clinch the Championship in Hove. Lets make this personal."

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Kirtley, who chucks, was a disgrace and Ward (ex Sussex) should have asked him about his appeal in his post-match interview.
Mushtaq knows no other way of playing than by cheating, for example his appealing literally every time he hits the pads, wherever they are, followed by his obnoxious, knowing grin when the umpire gives it not out. He no more had a bad hamstring than did the stumps. Nasty little cheat.
Did anyone watching on Sky see the player captions come up for Adams and Mushtaq? The one that gives the players' favourite food, pop group, etc. ?
The people who Adams and Mushtaq said that they'd most like to meet were, respectively, 'My ancestors' and 'the prophet Muhammed'.
Well, best of luck to you both and I hope you achieve your wishes very soon. Cheats."

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::tosser::tosser:

They're not happy are they. They keep banging on about losing with grace and dignity and then they write this sort of drivel:

The happy Adams' family atmosphere includes rushing into the umpires' room after a match to berate them about a decision with which the Adams family disagreed, does it? I believe he was censured by the ECB for that.
Why did the cheat Kirtley need to rebuild his action? Once a chucker....
Of course Sussex deserved to win because they made the higher score, but their behaviour in winning was not something to be admired.
Gough and Yorkshire lost with good grace and dignity, but we supporters are still entitled to criticise Sussex' cheating and 'gamesmanship'. We have a team and players to be proud of.There's nothing clever or smart about being a cheat.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Eastbourne College boy for you.
The Clifton Chucker went to prep school in Eastbourne (St Andrew's) but moved further afield for secondary education (presumably because his father was/is a master at the college...)

as for not being "charitable"... agreed that he is a rather serious type - perhaps not a bad attribute in a professional sportsman and understandable in light of his trials and tribulations...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here