Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Yorkshire (Twenty20 Cup Quarter Final - Hove)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
£55 for 3 games off bish bash wallop cricket with cameos from some truely world class sportsman - OK not the real thing but a good laugh and the very real chance ofa bit of glory 'I was there' stuff

£25 + for 90mins of crap football in a shithole with the square route of f*** all atmosphere to see a 0-0 draw with Port Vale

and people think £55 quid is a bit pricey?

(not going, working :( )

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
£55 for 3 games off bish bash wallop cricket with cameos from some truely world class sportsman - OK not the real thing but a good laugh and the very real chance ofa bit of glory 'I was there' stuff

£25 + for 90mins of crap football in a shithole with the square route of f*** all atmosphere to see a 0-0 draw with Port Vale

and people think £55 quid is a bit pricey?

(not going, working :( )

:ohmy:
Where did you read that figure?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Excellent game and great night out.
Mushy was a star with bat and ball and Rana and Kirtles last overs were superb stuff.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
what a night of drama and drunkeness....
my first 20/20 of the season and what a nail biter!

saw loads of people i knew, a bumper crowd. Even got a text from tenerife saying i was on tv :)

gus mackay must have loved the expensive EVERYTHING!

Carl Hopkinson won us the match with 2 vital wickets, and he wasnt even in the starting 11 :bowdown:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
gus mackay must have loved the expensive EVERYTHING!
He'll be lapping it up, if Mr Mackay has the balls not to let members have first dips on tickets for the final I shall personally go down to Hove and ram my membership up his right nostril.

:thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
watched it on telly and it looked wicked

so whats the sketch with tickets for the semis/final? any chance of non members getting them? (and are they all 55 quid plus?)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
ahh from the sussex site

Twenty20 Finals Day Ticket Information
Edgbaston here we come.....

Ticket information for the Twenty20 Finals Day at Edgbaston will be released once we have received confirmation of our allocation of tickets and we will advise here on www.sussexcricket.co.uk and via local media as soon as possible.

We anticipate that tickets will be available both over the phone and in person at the club from early next week.

We hope to accommodate the needs of both members and non-members.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
. A halfway decent side would have got a closer result or won it.

What a rediculous statement...

Yorkshire are a half decent side...in fact they are a side currently top of the championship, got to the quarters in the 20/20 and are playing good cicket.

last night they were beaten by the better side, simple as. Rana and Chuck have proved they are the best "death " bowlers in the league. The only critisism I would have with Yorks is that they didnt bowl Gillespie and Gough at the death and Rudolph was far too low in the order.

But as I said, Sussex are a far better one day side ( and an extremely good all round side) Good luck to them in the finals.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good old Sussex by the sea. Nuff said!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
last night they were beaten by the better side, simple as. Rana and Chuck have proved they are the best "death " bowlers in the league. The only critisism I would have with Yorks is that they didnt bowl Gillespie and Gough at the death and Rudolph was far too low in the order.

But as I said, Sussex are a far better one day side ( and an extremely good all round side) Good luck to them in the finals.

And to be fair to him, Darren Gough said almost exactly that on Sky too.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
that we blew our chances when hodd dropped the clanger after diving for no reason (take note premiership footballers)

but then hoppo came on and saved the day with 2 amazing bits of fielding

and then of course the wee bearded leg end with bat and ball :bowdown:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a dillemma - won't be able to get the Sunday 'rain day' off work.

Hmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here