Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Yorkshire Hove CC1

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just when things couldnt get any worse that LOSER goodwin comes into bat !!!

:rant:
Don't worry - he won't last long and then HOPPO can get down to the real business...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
hoppo sweepstake

he will be out for 9

I was hoping that Yards would stay in and anchor the innings. Aside from Goodwin I cannot see any remeining batsman bening able to make a big score now. The writing is fast drying on the wall and the overweight lady is clearing her throat.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was hoping that Yards would stay in and anchor the innings. Aside from Goodwin I cannot see any remeining batsman bening able to make a big score now. The writing is fast drying on the wall and the overweight lady is clearing her throat.
agree that things look grim - we deperately need a Goodwin ton, at least 350 and a draw but optimism is getting stretched...

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Can I say I have written loads about the 4 day team on the Sussex CCC Messageboard and you have summed it up in one sentence!:thumbsup:

If it hadn't been for Mushy they'd have been relegated last season so without him there was never really much hope this season. At the present time very much a Div 2 team, I'm afraid.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Our close catching in the longer form of the game has let us down in the last couple of years.
Monty greatly missed as a slipper, grizzly gone and hoppo under the lid not featuring as much.

Our close catching in the longer form of the game has let us down in the last couple of years.
Monty greatly missed as a slipper, grizzly gone and hoppo under the lid not featuring as much.

Perhaps the close catching could be better but a steady and largely unaddressed decline has been apparent in both bowling and batting for a few years which, together with the loss of Adams as captain, will see us relegated imo.
We just escaped last season but, apart from the excellent signing of Joyce, I don't see that the club has done much to address the deficiences. Our opening attack is probably the weakest in either division, the bowling generally lacks penetration, is regularly exposed (as yesterday) and often unable to dismiss the opposition for a total that gives us a chance of winning. We don't seem to play a settled team and the batting, unable to rely on Goodwin, has struggled with the result that we've capitulated and lost games that we could/should have drawn. We need to score 500+ in the first innings to have any chance vs Yorkshire, although a defeat seems more likely unless we're "saved" by the weather on Saturday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I posted on here at the beginning of the season that we were 100% bankers to get relegated. I got criticised, told I was wrong, and abused by some of the cricket heavyweights on nsc. On reflection, who was right?

No-one yet as we haven't been relegated. Can you dig up the thread? Just interested to see if I was pro or anti, I can't remember... :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here