Sussex v Yorkshire Hove CC1

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
so 400-2 will put us back on terms going into the last match...

(not sure if it's fixtures as haven't read whole thread, but magnificent Bob Fleming action on the radio commentary this morning...)

LOL! My thoughts entirely. HHuuuurrrrmmmmm!! Leesey is a priceless caricature of a commentator. He'll be spluttering about rare birds in Kent again shortly.

Steady start 21-0.

Minimum we need here is 350. Frustrating because Chawla was bowling beautifully at 104-5 yesterday and it only looked a matter of time before he went through them. Brophy sliced one just wide of Lewry when on 0 - would have been 105-6.

PG

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the Yorks bastmen have been trying to dig to Australia during their innings, batsmens marks 5 to 6 inches deep :ohmy:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
LOL! My thoughts entirely. HHuuuurrrrmmmmm!! Leesey is a priceless caricature of a commentator. He'll be spluttering about rare birds in Kent again shortly.
yes - my favourite of his idiosyncrasies is the continued wittering about firstly the follow-on target and then endless different match scenarios based on remaining overs and current scoring rates...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Did you hear the graceless Yorkie going on about pitch inspectors earlier? What a prize muppet!
missed that but just heard him talking Nashy out :rant:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Are we playing for the draw already...

Yardy & Gatting Current partnership 1 runs, 5.3 overs, RR: 0.18

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No sign of the Tufted Puffin in Kent unfortunately but John will be heading for Norfolk at the weekend to view a rarely sighted Reed Warbler...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Are we playing for the draw already...

Yardy & Gatting Current partnership 1 runs, 5.3 overs, RR: 0.18
Joe on a GO SLOW... but having a slog now

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No sign of the Tufted Puffin in Kent unfortunately but John will be heading for Norfolk at the weekend to view a rarely sighted Reed Warbler...

Leesy has been replaced by Nasser chez Titanic... Australia won the toss and are batting... Sir Beefy reckons they are heading for 400!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Puffins in Kent gone missing...Warblers in Norfolk at Blakeney Point...

Can't we pension Leesey off to the birdsong channel.

He is totally obsessed with bonus points. The thing that matters John, is WHO WINS THE GAME.:tantrum:

BTW couple of good 4s for Gatts. Spinners generally making things much more difficult than earlier. Jeez the whole 4 day season hangs on this...:ohmy:

4 to Yards as I speak C'MON!!! :clap::clap::clap2::clap2:

98-1.

PG

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Leesy has been replaced by Nasser chez Titanic...
lucky you - Leesy and "Dave" comparing price of haircuts now inbetween banging on about the need for greater caution everytime Joe or Yards hits a boundary...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dare I say it, Gatting playing beautifully. 45 no from 50 balls.

Leesey obsessing on bonus points again. He has at least recognised that we need to win the game.

PG

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got back from Scotland, bloody plane delayed (someone put too much fuel in it!) and the monorail was not working so that put paid to the earlier session.

Will probably be my last two live hours this season as I am away again Friday. So I am hoping 1. I do not jinx a collapse and 2. Gatting keeps doing what he is doing for the rest of the afternoon because I like it.

Sussex 128/1 (34.0 ov)

Sussex trail by 275 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

*Michael Yardy (lhb) 37
Joe Gatting (rhb) 46

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So I am hoping 1. I do not jinx a collapse and 2. Gatting keeps doing what he is doing for the rest of the afternoon because I like it.
oh dear... cue Leesy quoting the follow-on target...

edit: there it is - "from this point they need another 124 runs..."

Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Just got back from Scotland, bloody plane delayed (someone put too much fuel in it!) and the monorail was not working so that put paid to the earlier session.

Will probably be my last two live hours this season as I am away again Friday. So I am hoping 1. I do not jinx a collapse and 2. Gatting keeps doing what he is doing for the rest of the afternoon because I like it.

Sussex 128/1 (34.0 ov)

Sussex trail by 275 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

*Michael Yardy (lhb) 37
Joe Gatting (rhb) 46

Well done mate!!

130-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports