Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Amazing stuff, for the title race to come that close. Listening to the radio as the celebrations started and Lees sang Good Old Sussex By The Sea, I'm not ashamed to say that I welled up and almost cried. I f***ing love sport, it's the best thing in the world.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just looking at the number of pages on this thread compared to that for the Yeovil game, say's it all.

Well done Sussex, you've made us proud. Albion players sit up and take note.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The contrast between Sussex - a small club who out perform- and the Albion- a wannabee big club who underperform- could not be more marked

Not only the traffic on NSC is an indicator of the respective support as the gates at the Twenty20s of c 7000 were much better than the Withdean c 5000

But of course under "Sportspersonality of the Year" No one will recognise our achievement.

However, if it had been Lancashire, their performance yesterday would have been piped constantly on TV.

Well they came second again and as Alan Titchmarsh says "Whatever the weather"

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i'm absolutley RUINED today, got major pissed after yesterdays nervous ending, when the last wicket went down I ran around the picth at hove screaming and jumping for joy.........what a way to win!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lovely as always to see you yesterday Marc!... What a day it was indeed, the after match shindig was ace too, not many players were left standing by midnight...

:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bit of a muted response on the bus trip from Churchill Square onwards. There were not a huge amount of Sussex fans about - presumably most were nursing hangovers!

Some goon just asked me what Sussex were celebrating. I told him they won the County Championship for the third time in five years. He then recolied and said "Oh. That's jolly good. Is it football or Rugby?". :thud:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The open top bus parade was a bit of a non event, the bus left the county ground with people clapping them on, everyone was then going to stroll along with the bus and cheer them somemore, but then the bus just drove off into the distance with sussex by the sea on loop.

Last night was one of the best nights out EVER. Drinks with the players, I had the trophy in my pocession for at least 20 minutes. Then Adams speech about hating shane warne, calling him over weight with bleached hair!!
truly marvellous scenes!!

Most players like myself had got to a point that they were so drunk they couldnt see, speak or walk!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Some goon just asked me what Sussex were celebrating. I told him they won the County Championship for the third time in five years. He then recolied and said "Oh. That's jolly good. Is it football or Rugby?". :thud:

I regret to report a similarly low key response outside Barney's in Western Road. No one else who was there knew what was going on. I was enjoying myself though. f*** em.

Almost as disappointing as Radio Surrey not carrying the climax live on radio last night, but prefering to stick with the normal schedule. What were they thinking of??

Perhaps the latter is explained by the former........................... :drink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Incredible. never won the title, now champs 3 times in 5 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here