Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Any of you experts out there (I'm merely a fan) know what the stats are for lost overs etc for Sussex, Lancs and Durham? I know a Lancs fan and he's bound to put our title down to them losing a million overs thanks to Old Trafford (again) :bla::bla::bla::bla:

Just looking for some ammo to shut him up with.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
TIME LOST TO RAIN BY TITLE RIVALS

Hampshire - 106 hours
Yorkshire - 97 hours
Lancashire - 88 hours
Sussex - 71 hours
Durham - 54 hours

However, as with previous seasons, we have done very well to finish games much earlier. Certainly our previous titles, we batted more than our rivals, as we were harder to bowl out and we bowled less overs, as we ripped through our opponents.

TIME LOST TO RAIN BY TITLE RIVALS

Hampshire - 106 hours
Yorkshire - 97 hours
Lancashire - 88 hours
Sussex - 71 hours
Durham - 54 hours

However, as with previous seasons, we have done very well to finish games much earlier. Certainly our previous titles, we batted more than our rivals, as we were harder to bowl out and we bowled less overs, as we ripped through our opponents.

Thanks for that

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I dont often gloat when teams fail but this made me laugh............is that wrong of me???????

Watkinson added: "This is one of the lowest feelings after a game - the history of the club and what it would mean to so many people was just wrapped up in the emotions in the dressing room at the end of play."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This has been an awesome achievement: we had six players out for the final game and two more (Mushy and Grizzly) not fully fit. Terrific effort from a small county.

One thing struck me: we tried to sign two players in the close season, Darren Maddy and Moen Ali, both turned us down. As they contemplate their relegations, I wonder if they have any regrets,

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This has been an awesome achievement: we had six players out for the final game and two more (Mushy and Grizzly) not fully fit. Terrific effort from a small county.

One thing struck me: we tried to sign two players in the close season, Darren Maddy and Moen Ali, both turned us down. As they contemplate their relegations, I wonder if they have any regrets,

I also wonder if Anthony McGrath is regretting not joining the premier cricketing county.

I would like to see the council honour the team and their achievements.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We already have the best leg-spinner in the county game, and Salisbury was hardly outstanding when he was here in the first place.

How can you say that? It was the cunning way he mixed up the long hops with the full tosses that kept opposition bastmen on their toes!

I wasn't SERIOUSLY suggesting it, it was more a swipe at all those people who say 'could do a job' every time some broken-down has-been is touted around by their desperate agent.

The winging has started.

Long-serving all-rounder Glen Chapple, who made 29, hailed an "amazing effort" by the team.

"Everyone has played terrifically well - Laxman had a brilliant knock, Stuart as well and the youngster Paul [Horton] was very unlucky with a dodgy decision.

"We know we are a good team and we are absolutely gutted we have not won the Championship," Chapple said.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
was very unlucky with a dodgy decision.

Oh well, that's OK then. Lets send the trophy to them so that they can keep it for eternity.

TOSSERS and LOSERS

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I think Ian Salisbury seriously dicked off the dressing room in the late 90s. OK, all of that team have left since then, but some of the committee haven't. Add in the fact that he's RUBBISH and he'll NEVER come back.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They really are upset.....

Cork hit by ban
By Tony Curtis

Sky Bet Cricket - BET LIVE
20/20 Final - Pakistan v India - click here for all markets.
Bet live In-Play on method of dismissal, runs is next over and next man out. Bet Now

Lancashire all-rounder Dominic Cork will miss the club's opening limited overs game of next season after been found guilty of abusive remarks to a doping control official.

The former England internaional received a one-match ban, fined £1,500 and ordered to pay £1,500 costs for comments made following Lancashire's C&G Trophy final defeat to Sussex.

A statement read: "In mitigation, Mr Cork said that his remarks were made when he was in a highly emotional state following Lancashire's defeat. He had apologised to the official concerned.

"The panel accepted that Mr Cork was highly emotional, but he had belittled the official in the presence of his Lancashire team-mates.

"It was a matter of concern that no-one present in the dressing-room had attempted to defuse the situation."

:D:D:D:D:D

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is this going to be the longest thread ever?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here