Sussex v somerset hove june 16th-19th lvcc.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What a day we have in prospect at the sunny county ground. Any result possible. Can Sussex score 180 runs to win with most of the top batters out? Nash is key. If he can stay we are in with a shout.
Time to cut up the gala pie and a few other bits of food, all to be washed down with Harveys, put my sun hat on and off we go. See you there.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
i had a brilliant day yesterday, watched chawla destroy the wurzels, had some good banter with him down at the marquee, great innings by nash, plus im the one who noticed how big willoughbys feet were :)

gutted i cant be there today :(

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What a day we have in prospect at the sunny county ground. Any result possible. Can Sussex score 180 runs to win with most of the top batters out? Nash is key. If he can stay we are in with a shout.
Time to cut up the gala pie and a few other bits of food, all to be washed down with Harveys, put my sun hat on and off we go. See you there.

You say the top batters are out, with Lewry in as nightwatchman we bat to 11 which is odd but in a good way.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Im also gutted i cant get down there today to watch our imminent collapse.

The ECB have really cocked up the fixtures. ' I know lets have a game finish on a day when nobody can go & give everyone the day off on saturday !!!'

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I imagine we need about two an over but I would say the game favours Somerset, as and when we lose wickets we will get more defensive and more nervous.

I think the loss of Joyce is key as players like Luke and Smith want to hit out and play more attacking. I really hope Nash can get on and build partnerships.

Great game I hope to see a bit today.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I imagine we need about two an over but I would say the game favours Somerset, as and when we lose wickets we will get more defensive and more nervous.

I think the loss of Joyce is key as players like Luke and Smith want to hit out and play more attacking. I really hope Nash can get on and build partnerships.

Great game I hope to see a bit today.

I agree, Somerset are definitely still favourites. We've got to dig in and just bat out time - because if we do that we WILL get the runs. Lewry needs to stay in as long as he can, but assuming he goes reasonably quickly it's vital nobody else gives away their wicket cheaply.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sussex 194/4 Nash 122, Lewry 10

useful 36 run partnership

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
200 up.....203/4 Nash 126, Lewry 14

Lewry living dangerously.....have a word Nasher!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The second new ball is due in 13 overs. Therefore, we'll get about 50-odd with the old ball so still need 80-odd against the new ball. We can't lose more than 1 wicket before the new ball is taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports