Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Leicestershire, Hove, 27-30 April, LVCC

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I do actually rather enjoy Rana's irresponsible batting. It might smack of desparation but it can be quite fun sometimes.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I popped down for the evening session and had occasion to use the facilities after a couple of cans of strongbow. I'm pleased to report they are a marked improvement on previous years, hopefully the long queues for a gypsy's seen at 2020s should be a thing of the past. The gents features three big metal piss troughs and three traps should you need to park your breakfast. There is also an in/out door system on the kazi that people are bound to f*** up.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Just back from Eaton Road. What a load of wimps. Shocked that Goodwin put them in to bat. Clearly a batsmen's wicket and then we bowl stupid balls so that we fluke 10 wickets. As for our batting. We need batting points yet we struggle to achieve any. I feel an impending doom will settle on the County Ground.

PS. Strip did look a little green. Will the the pitch inspectors be called in?
PPS. The Harveys was lovely but my afternoon nap was spoilt by a noisy Leicestershire side Surely they know that between lunch and tea fielders do not constantly shout "Howzat?".

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Also the shant available at the new bar at the north end of the ground is:
Cider: Addlestones
Lager: Becks Viers
Bitter: Old Speckled Men

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just back from Eaton Road. What a load of wimps. Shocked that Goodwin put them in to bat. Clearly a batsmen's wicket and then we bowl stupid balls so that we fluke 10 wickets. As for our batting. We need batting points yet we struggle to achieve any. I feel an impending doom will settle on the County Ground.

PS. Strip did look a little green. Will the the pitch inspectors be called in?
PPS. The Harveys was lovely but my afternoon nap was spoilt by a noisy Leicestershire side Surely they know that between lunch and tea fielders do not constantly shout "Howzat?".

There was a green tinge to it, think it requires 20+ wickets to fall in a day to call in the ECB wicket inspectors could be wrong though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The first two are encouraging.....not so sure about the manky old bird

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'll take 250 all out from here.

'Mon the lads :drink:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Good. I'm pretty sure it was Carlsberg (3.8%) last season? :sick:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
To: Mr G Clarke - Chairman of ECB.

Dear Mr Clarke, I would like to make an official complaint about the standard of cricket in Division 2 of the County Championship. My county, Sussex, have somehow managed to win three successive matches. This only goes to prove that the quality of English cricket is so poor our useless batsmen and bowlers seem to keep getting wickets and runs (yes our batsmen have even resorted to bowling and or bowlers have scored runs).

I worry for the state of English cricket if these superior counties cannot beat the talentless wasters we have at Hove.

Alternatively if this is a big joke and all the teams are losing to us on purpose in order to destroy us in the 2nd half of the season you have my sincere apologies and good one!!

Best wishes
P Pat.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We'll win the League this season don't worry. We won't lose at Hove all season in the 4 dayers.

How wrong can you be!
Can you not see that in our fiirst three games we were unable to make it to a draw - game over before all time and overs used up. We'd be in a worse state if we were in div 3 - FFS.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

oh christ - addlestones does bad things to me

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Dear All,

I have just been reading this thread after a bottle of wine and a 'bit'. Great stuff. If the Seagulls start as well as the Martlets (do u know who they are?) we will have a great year !!!

When Wright and Joyce return we may actually play some cricket !!! For some reason Naved plays well for Sussex but 'flops' for others. Any suggestions please ? and no crudity.. we want to uphold the quality of the site !!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There was a green tinge to it, think it requires 20+ wickets to fall in a day to call in the ECB wicket inspectors could be wrong though.

I don't think that a particular number of wickets need to fall. I thought that it was the responsibility of the umpires to decide whether a pitch was dodgy and call in the inspectors. There could for example be the case where, say, 12 wickets fell in a day but 10 people were put in hospital. I'm sure that the inspectors would be interested in that strip.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't think that a particular number of wickets need to fall. I thought that it was the responsibility of the umpires to decide whether a pitch was dodgy and call in the inspectors. There could for example be the case where, say, 12 wickets fell in a day but 10 people were put in hospital. I'm sure that the inspectors would be interested in that strip.

Bruce on the Argus licwe coverage has said that the Umps have no plans to report the pitch.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good that the umpires recognise Sussex batfliddery and Leicestershire generosity, which was much required in order to make a game of it.

It's not the groundsman's fault we've got a team of cricket flidiots. :nono:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Addlestones! It was Aspalls for the Surrey game. Now I don't mind a drop of Addlestones's from time to time, but it is not a brew suitable for a six hour session, not for my lightweight frame anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here