Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Leicestershire, Hove, 27-30 April, LVCC

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i noticed the other night palace have the name of our main sponsor on the back of their shirts, is it any wonder we are staring relegation in the face?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Here is the latest table, although it appears to be upside down :US:
Code:
Teams  	Mat  	Won  	Lost  	Tied  	Draw  	Aban  	Pts
Sussex 	4 	4 	0 	0 	0 	0 	86
Glamor	4 	2 	2 	0 	0 	0 	51
Derbys 	3 	2 	1 	0 	0 	0 	49
Leics 	3 	2 	1 	0 	0 	0 	46
N'hants	3 	2 	1 	0 	0 	0 	41
Worcs 	3 	1 	1 	0 	1 	0 	33
Surrey 	3 	0 	2 	0 	1 	0 	18
Middle 	3 	0 	3 	0 	0 	0 	12
Gloucs 	2 	0 	2 	0 	0 	0 	6

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
my brother in law is a bloody lancs fan ......how the fck am I going to face him now after this fluke win.:clap::clap:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I am going to write and complain about this 3 day cricket Sussex are playing. If they would care to read the description of the matches - THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 4 DAY GAMES. Come on Sussex, play the game and stop ripping off us, the public (who pay your wages blah blah blah!)

If I was running this club I would dock them a days pay for each of the 4 days that they have now had off and probably been out fishing or playing golf when they should have been toiling out on the cricket pitch.

Ah but you have been pre-empted by the Big Brains at the ECB according to this mornings Torygraph.

County Games will be 5 days next season so we will clearly get 4 days play at Sussex in reality.

The ECB - more cunning than a Fox with an Oxford Degree in Cunning....

There was some other stuff on the front page of the paper btw - is there an election going on somewhere?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think when we look back on this match we've got to be disappointed with our batting in the 1st Innings. Apart from anything else, by being bowled out so cheaply it ensured the match would be over quickly thereby - once again - missing out on all the takings of a 4th Day's cricket.

How can we HOPE to compete with the likes of the mighty Surrey Brown Hats on the pittance that is 2-3 full day's gate / bar receipts. Good players like Rory Hamilton-Brown don't come cheap, we'll never attract them at this rate.

Whatever way you look at this it's a shambles...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We got away with it this time but I noticed Naved averaged less than a run a ball in his hundred in the first innings. There`s work to be done by that young man amongst others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here