Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Durham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So Sussex's 10th wicket partnership proved to be only the SECOND highest in their innings. Sad to see that even this is on the decline, given it was the highest partnership in our 1st innings.

Surely time to drop Tardy and Gash and give someone else a chance in the top order?

I think the Batsmen cupboard is empty, none of the 2nds are able to make the step up as has been seen so far this season. If this was football we could spend big in the transfer window to buy ourselves out of trouble. Overall the top 5 have been a shambles apart from the occasional innings, we just have too many batsmen out of form. We are doomed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Batsmen cupboard is empty, none of the 2nds are able to make the step up as has been seen so far this season. If this was football we could spend big in the transfer window to buy ourselves out of trouble. Overall the top 5 have been a shambles apart from the occasional innings, we just have too many batsmen out of form. We are doomed.

That then begs the question what are these batsmen doing in the 2nds? Are they there to make up the numbers or are they there to push the 1st XI? I don't see what harm it will do to give one or two of the 2nds a run-out, simply because Yardy and Nash have been SO bad ALL SEASON; either they do better than Nash / Yardy or they show they're unable to play 1st XI cricket in which case they get cut.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That then begs the question what are these batsmen doing in the 2nds? Are they there to make up the numbers or are they there to push the 1st XI? I don't see what harm it will do to give one or two of the 2nds a run-out, simply because Yardy and Nash have been SO bad ALL SEASON; either they do better than Nash / Yardy or they show they're unable to play 1st XI cricket in which case they get cut.

You could drop all of the top 5 to be honest, but Beer isn't trusted and Cachopa can't get the ball off the square. I don't know where that leaves us ? still, have to dash out for a concert tonight early doors.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'd drop Yardy from all formats, too.. Open with Nash & Wells.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd drop Yardy from all formats, too.. Open with Nash & Wells.

Yardy's bowled quite well in the T20s, he's not a serious batsman in the CC any more though. Pav is right: what the players doing in the Seconds if they're not good enough to replace under-performing Firsts? We need to see if Finch can cut it - giving him the odd game will do nothing. The real problem is that we didn't replace RHB - the more I think about it, the more mad it is.
And why did we sign Zaidi? He doesn't play FC or T20 cricket: he's not a top batsman or a proper bowler - a waste of a salary.

Perhaps it's time to draft Sarah Taylor in ... and I'm only half joking

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shite football season, followed by a shite cricket season.

:shootself

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yardy's bowled quite well in the T20s, he's not a serious batsman in the CC any more though. Pav is right: what the players doing in the Seconds if they're not good enough to replace under-performing Firsts? We need to see if Finch can cut it - giving him the odd game will do nothing. The real problem is that we didn't replace RHB - the more I think about it, the more mad it is.
And why did we sign Zaidi? He doesn't play FC or T20 cricket: he's not a top batsman or a proper bowler - a waste of a salary.

Perhaps it's time to draft Sarah Taylor in ... and I'm only half joking

Yes, pretty much all of that, the lack of quality in the side is abysmal, leaving those with any talent totally lacking in confidence. Yardy appears to be spent, Joyce's confidence has totally deserted him, can't build an innings, and appears to have slipped into an ultra defensive mode in a bid to stay at the crease. With the lack of quality in the new faces would I be correct in assuming that David Burke has switched from The Amex to the County Ground?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I cant understand why we loaned in 2 bowlers when Beer & Liddle are playing for the 2nds, why wasnt a batsman loaned in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here