Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Uni Parking

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have to admit - I'm always surprised by the patience of the drivers leaving the Bridge car park.

Bumper to bumper extreme precision driving......driver staring straight ahead......your not getting in front of me..

45 minutes we sat there, but we have learned now and have a flask of coffee and some nice pork pies to fill us up ready for the 2 hour drive home...

Home at 01:06 !!!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ok, I was wrong.

US-Bullion-Depository-official-photo-1024x819.jpg

Fort Knox Facts

Amount of present gold holdings: 147.3 million ounces. About half of the Treasury’s stored gold (as well as valuables of other federal agencies) is kept at Fort Knox.
Highest historic gold holdings: 649.6 million ounces (December 31, 1941).
The only gold removed has been very small quantities used to test the purity of gold during regularly scheduled audits. Except for these samples, no gold has been transferred to or from the Depository for many years.
The gold is held as an asset of the United States at book value of $42.22 per ounce.
Size of a standard gold bar: 7 inches x 3 and 5/8 inches x 1 and 3/4 inches.
Weight of a standard gold bar: approximately 400 ounces or 27.5 pounds.
The actual structure and content of the facility is known by only a few, and no one person knows all the procedures to open the vault.
The first gold arrived at Fort Knox in 1937…by U.S. Mail! View photos of the shipment on the History of the U.S. Mint page.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Showed car park C for Palace which is the uni dunno if it’s has shown that for Chelsea

There certainly was as I bought one.

Will be the third time I've used the uni this season. The previous 2 times I've not even had my ticket checked and its been pretty easy getting in and out. I very nearly didn't bother buying parking for the Chelsea game and was just going to try my luck. Sounds like they've tightened things up quite considerably so I'm glad I did.

Based on this thread though I don't think I'll be hurrying back to my car at the final whistle.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There certainly was as I bought one.

Will be the third time I've used the uni this season. The previous 2 times I've not even had my ticket checked and its been pretty easy getting in and out. I very nearly didn't bother buying parking for the Chelsea game and was just going to try my luck. Sounds like they've tightened things up quite considerably so I'm glad I did.

Based on this thread though I don't think I'll be hurrying back to my car at the final whistle.

When I turned up tonight they were just waving cars in and not checking tickets to try and ease the congestion on the A27. If you did try your luck you’d have saved £15!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
For all the fuss made about needing to check registration plates my pass wasn't even scanned on entering the bridge last night. I wish the club would make up their minds about what they are and aren't doing.

Uni parking for Chelsea was better, but it does seem like the sale of one-off parking is causing confusion. I have a parking season ticket, therefore normally expect to park in one of the first "lower" car parks available before they are full, and then the "upper" big main car park.

Is it the case that people buying one-off tickets are supposed to be parking in the multi-storey only? The stewards seemed to be spending a lot of time talking to drivers, then redirecting them away from the lower car parks. The Uni parking layout is pretty confusing at the best of times and lack of signage doesn't help

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
When I turned up tonight they were just waving cars in and not checking tickets to try and ease the congestion on the A27. If you did try your luck you’d have saved £15!

That wasn't the case for me. My ticket wasn't scanned but was checked twice.

What a shambles it is though! Arrived 18:50 and came off at the Falmer junction. Took 20 minutes to get across the bridge and onto the uni site only to be told by the first steward that they weren't letting anyone in through this entrance and we needed to do a U turn and go and and queue up at Stanmer Park entrance. Told her a sign or some warning would be nice which I assume everyone else in front of me had done as she just shrugged. Drove up to turn round and another steward asked where we were going we told him the multi storey and he said straight on. I enquired as to why first woman had told us to turn around and his exact words were "ahhhh don't listen to her".

Getting out was odd. Didn't move for 20 mins, literally didn't leave the parking space. Then took another 10 minutes to get out of the car park but once out I was back on the A27 in about 5 mins. Went past the Kingston round-a-bout at near enough bang on 11. There were a gang of blokes who looked like they were just about to start work but it was still open west bound then. So fair play to the highway agency or whoever made that call.

Don't normally leave the ground at the end of the game. Are the queues for the station always that bad at the final whistle? Not sure I'd want to do the car park again but equally don't think I'd want to queue for the train back to Lewes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't normally leave the ground at the end of the game. Are the queues for the station always that bad at the final whistle? Not sure I'd want to do the car park again but equally don't think I'd want to queue for the train back to Lewes.

I sometimes leave on the final whistle. The queues are usually bad for both east and westbound trains. The Brighton queue goes down quicker in my experience. I won't take train again.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Is it the case that people buying one-off tickets are supposed to be parking in the multi-storey only? The stewards seemed to be spending a lot of time talking to drivers, then redirecting them away from the lower car parks. The Uni parking layout is pretty confusing at the best of times and lack of signage doesn't help

Yes, the one-off tickets have been specifically for Car Park 7 (multistorey)

Getting out was odd. Didn't move for 20 mins, literally didn't leave the parking space.

I had similar, getting out of the multistorey - didn't move more than a few car lengths for ages. I bailed on the queue just before going uphill (after about 1/2 hour from leaving my parking space) and went out the Stanmer Park exit. Still a big queue but it actually moved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here