Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Sussex Police

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In my opinon the most eye-opening aspect of all this is the absurd club spin that all was fully-monitored-and-under-control sweetness and light on the night. It clearly was anything but. Couldn't even put out a burning flare / smoke bomb a couple of metres from where our penalty kick was about to be taken. Not the club's finest moment(s), even if they'll never admit it publicly Awaits [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] to tell me and NSC otherwise :yawn:

I'd suggest they quickly drop any pretence that it was all monitored and under control, because that would be an admission that it was happy to see peaceful, law abiding fans, including kids and oldies, kettled in a way that was a threat to their safety. Not a good look.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wouldn’t it have been easier to actually hold back the away fans properly INSIDE the stadium for 15-20 mins with the exits shut then none of this would have happened and clockwise / anti clockwise wouldn’t have been needed.

Happy to be corrected on my appalling stance on human rights obviously

I mentioned this earlier. A 'solid' barrier is unsafe regarding crushes. Imagine the 2000 fans trying to leave at the same time all pushing on to a solid shutter. Did I read this happened in the North Stand? More and more fans coming down the stairs to the concourse forcing their way out would put a lot of strain on those at the front.
By having a movable barrier like the police it means they can monitor those at the front and inside and move further out of the ground to ensure safety.
But of course this doesn't work if fans from the East are being sent past the south which is blocked.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd suggest they quickly drop any pretence that it was all monitored and under control, because that would be an admission that it was happy to see peaceful, law abiding fans, including kids and oldies, kettled in a way that was a threat to their safety. Not a good look.

Absolutely this. And any post-match Club leak/police FOI request responded to would doubtless paint a completely different and far more honest picture. But, hey, they got away with it this time. Nothing to see here eh? Until they don't get so absolutely f**king lucky next time and fans / customers get badly scared or hurt or worse. Shame on all the facilitators of SKY telly and their shitty schedule

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I have never known PB admit to anything they have done wrong and he is not going to start now

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In my opinon the most eye-opening aspect of all this is the absurd club spin that all was fully-monitored-and-under-control sweetness and light on the night. It clearly was anything but. Couldn't even put out a burning flare / smoke bomb a couple of metres from where our penalty kick was about to be taken. Not the club's finest moment(s), even if they'll never admit it publicly Awaits [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] to tell me and NSC otherwise :yawn:

If by “this” you mean the uncomfortable crowd situation outside the East/North Stand about ten minutes after the whistle then I was in the middle of it. I’m glad I didn’t have my 83 year old Dad with me and that my sons are now adults , who were alongside. It was thankfully only a few minutes before we managed to get through the throng and on our way to the station but at the time it wasnt great at all and I think that clearly others had it worse. I’ve seen the statement which I think is the bare minimum and I hope the club investigate and communicate further.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The number of people who would actually fight each other is tiny. There's a few who would do more shitty, cowardly stuff like chucking bottles or pyro.

I can remember coming out of Selhurst in the late 80s after a 3pm Sat kick off and walking back to Norwood Junction with actual proper fights kicking off everywhere.

These days I reckon the OB just need to justify the horses and sticks and Balkham absolutely loves being a Twitter star.

Even the brain dead are aware of cctv and lifetime bans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If by “this” you mean the uncomfortable crowd situation outside the East/North Stand about ten minutes after the whistle then I was in the middle of it. I’m glad I didn’t have my 83 year old Dad with me and that my sons are now adults , who were alongside. It was thankfully only a few minutes before we managed to get through the throng and on our way to the station but at the time it wasnt great at all and I think that clearly others had it worse. I’ve seen the statement which I think is the bare minimum and I hope the club investigate and communicate further.

Earning your spin this weekend mate. Hope PB's paying you time and a half. Please send my very best wishes to your '83 year old dad' that you rarely fail to mention. Strongly suspect that other customers dads and kids had a far scarier experience on Friday than yerself tho eh

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Earning your spin this weekend mate. Hope PB's paying you time and a half. Please send my very best wishes to your '83 year old dad' that you rarely fail to mention. Strongly suspect that other customers dads and kids had a far scarier experience on Friday than yerself tho eh

I’m sure they did - which is exactly what I said. Can I get back to making my roast beef now. ??

Police in general at football are w*nkers. I used to hold them in high regard and feel safe around them, now I just find most of them are jumped up arseh*les who just want it to kick off so they can beat people with their sticks.

Unnecessary attitude towards the fans on Friday agains the scum. All stand there like they want to literally bash your head in. At Palarse away, I remember two years ago, the treatment of these young lads who turned the wrong way was totally unjustified and the swearing and abuse they shouted was shocking.

They ruin the day out with all of the riot gear they wear as that really heightens the tension. Overkill on the amount of police and overkill on their attitudes too. F*ck them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m sure they did - which is exactly what I said. Can I get back to making my roast beef now. ??

Please do. Like I apologised to you about this time last week for interrupting your Sunday family meal, I do so again. I guess that goes with the turf of taking the Barber shilling tho eh? :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Please do. Like I apologised to you about this time last week for interrupting your Sunday family meal, I do so again. I guess that goes with the turf of taking the Barber shilling tho eh? :wink:

PS I know your teasing THPP and I think NSC is lovely for all sorts of reasons (I post enough !! ) and what makes it great is we don’t all agree on everything apart. from obviously our friends up the road. But one of its extremely tedious traits is to call anyone who thinks the club might have a point about this or that as in the pay of Barber or the club etc … just say I’m boring or whatever instead - fair enough - but please
Ditch that nonsense !

I’m sure Paul Barber will tell us (at length) in next weeks match programme what WE did wrong.

He's really starting to grate on me big time with his treatment of fans. It's becoming a joke now of how they are making it. The amount of countless times I hear him complain and moan about fan behaviour is getting to the point it's boring me. I'm loving the pyro at home and away games and I'm loving how we've got a younger more vocal set of fans who add a bit extra to our fanbase. He I know, doesn't like that. Well, unlucky.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PS I know your teasing THPP and I think NSC is lovely for all sorts of reasons (I post enough !! ) and what makes it great is we don’t all agree on everything apart. from obviously our friends up the road. But one of its extremely tedious traits is to call anyone who thinks the club might have a point about this or that as in the pay of Barber or the club etc … just say I’m boring or whatever instead - fair enough - but please
Ditch that nonsense !

Mate. I bear you no personal ill-will whatsoever. However... please ditch this nonsense. PB joins the Albion in May 2012. [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] (job title some social media manager bollox) signs up to NSC a week or two later. Has been deflecting the punches for PB on NSC ever since, gawd bless his '83 year old dad'. Pretty sure if I were to conduct an analysis of Vancouver Whitecaps FC fan website - which I can't be arsed to do - I'd find a [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] equivalent with a near-equivalent of an 'eighty three year old dad'

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Mate. I bear you no personal ill-will whatsoever. However... please ditch this nonsense. PB joins the Albion in May 2012. [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] (job title some social media manager bollox) signs up to NSC a week or two later. Has been deflecting the punches for PB on NSC ever since, gawd bless his '83 year old dad'. Pretty sure if I were to conduct an analysis of Vancouver Whitecaps FC fan website - which I can't be arsed to do - I'd find a [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] equivalent with a near-equivalent of an 'eighty three year old dad'

Well that’s an accurate description of my real job to be fair.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Highlight was seeing some 50 year old skinheads having a pop at one other bloke outside west/north (at the bottom of the steps).

Was it this Ol’Skinhead, I thought he was Pretty Pink Fairy in his jack boots to be honest.
This geezer was stood waiting for the Palace near the club shop area.

Attachments

• A4DF727A-A9D6-47A4-92BA-02515B24696A.jpeg
    A4DF727A-A9D6-47A4-92BA-02515B24696A.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 274

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Get yourself an invite for Sunday dinner next week and report back to us. If Chailey lives in a mansion with a room dedicated to yellow jumpers then I am going to get a bit suspicious as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here