Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex overseas player.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
I'd think Arafat will be opening alongside Lewry is the Championship with RMJ and Wright first change. I'm not sure Liddle will see a lot of cricket next season, he doesn't seem to be progressing as hoped. I'd like to see more of Aga.

I have to also agree we must see more of Aga as he does fit the picture of a quickie bowler :clap2:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yasir is a great signing. He obviously didn't fancy second division cricket down at Canterbury next season. I wonder if Ramprakash feels the same at the Oval. I reckon he might do a job too!

woody257

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic signing, welcome back Yasir. Now all we need is Ed Joyce and we'll be laughing. The County Championship will be heading back here next season.
Yes but we still ned a good spinner. I'm not saying Oli Rayner's crap but if were going to win it we'll need a better spinner than Oli.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Not sure that comes into it, more the fact him and Goodwin hardly see eye to eye...

I thought Murray was going to the IP(C)L?

I have heard he has itchy feet at Surrey and is peed off with the quality of their play. Also he has just had his benefit season, so has got his money and could easily do the off. Our batting lacked solidity last season I felt (could be due to Grizzly poor form though) and Ramprakash would be a welcome addition, I don't know where he lives is but he would not have to re-locate if he came to Hove. Surrey, Kent, Middlesex, Essex are all in the bottom flight. Aren't Sussex and Hampshire the only too SE sides in the top flight?

woody257

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton
Last season our batting was relied on Goodwin and Prior so if Ramps did come he would be a welcome addition. However I think theres more chance of pigs flying.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I think Walters from Surrey is a more likely signing.

Also Goodwin plays in the ICL which is over before April.

That's great news about Murray, these Indian tournaments are very confusing as to whom has signed up for what and how this effects them.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think the changes with the Kolpaks will only affect future contracts not current contracts. If not the ECB would be liable for a lot of wages i would think

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ed Joyce to open ? Or batting at 3-5 if so is it goodbye Hoppo or Nash ? Would have thought Hoppo has had a good chance to establish himself.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ed Joyce to open ? Or batting at 3-5 if so is it goodbye Hoppo or Nash ? Would have thought Hoppo has had a good chance to establish himself.

Would be annoyed if we lose either of them. Both broke through last season and finally posted some decent scores.

Would hope Adams is offered the Chief Executive job and maybe tear up Dwayne Smith's contract.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Would be annoyed if we lose either of them. Both broke through last season and finally posted some decent scores.

Would hope Adams is offered the Chief Executive job and maybe tear up Dwayne Smith's contract.

YES but that would cost us 2 & half years salery to pay him off

What i would do is to get Smith to open with yardy and drop Nash down the order if as we hear hoppo has not resigned his new contract as yet may be he will go ?????.so my order of batmen's would look like this.

D SMITH.
M YARDY
E JOYCE.
M GOODWIN.
NASH.OR HOPPO.
PRIOR OR HODD
R.M.J
L. WRIGHT
Y ARAFAT
O RAYNER
LEWRY

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
YES but that would cost us 2 & half years salery to pay him off

What i would do is to get Smith to open with yardy and drop Nash down the order if as we hear hoppo has not resigned his new contract as yet may be he will go ?????.so my order of batmen's would look like this.

D SMITH.
M YARDY
E JOYCE.
M GOODWIN.
NASH.OR HOPPO.
PRIOR OR HODD
R.M.J
L. WRIGHT
Y ARAFAT
O RAYNER
LEWRY

Wright is I think a bit of an issue. For some reason England keep picking him, which means we almost have to when he is available. However in 4 day cricket he does not get enough runs and does not currently do enough with the ball. However Gibson has got him bowling at 85mph plus, so now needs to find more control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here