Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Last Home Game- Tuesday 9 September v Lancashire

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We seem to have taken backwards steps every season over the last three years.
Have gone from a Championship challenging side to a one day almost challenging side to mediocre in everything we do.

Hopefully we can get enough points from the last 3 games to survive.

need to get rid of Robinson , we have gone downhill in all forms of cricket since he has been in charge , our one day cricket is awful

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
need to get rid of Robinson , we have gone downhill in all forms of cricket since he has been in charge , our one day cricket is awful

Assume this is the same Robinson who has helped the team win every trophy for the Club- including 20 and 40 over competitions!!

Set up for a tough four days- Sussex drove through the top six but their tail wagged. One of the reasons that cricket is so fascinating

Good crowd today and lovely weather set to continue

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Seriously 147/7 to 320 all out? That's ridiculous. Pretty sure we lost the game there & then IMO, with the bowlers Lancashire have I can't see us scoring many.

And that's without my NSC Sussex are shit glasses on.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Seriously 147/7 to 320 all out? That's ridiculous. Pretty sure we lost the game there & then IMO, with the bowlers Lancashire have I can't see us scoring many.

And that's without my NSC Sussex are shit glasses on.

I do not see it that way. I wonder were you there ? I see this as a good batting wicket which I think we prepared so as not to lose. We also went into the game rather defensively with only four front line bowlers. The Lancs top and middle order largely got themselves out and several were out hooking to short balls caught on the boundary. They fell into our trap. The latter order Lancs players buckled down to what was needed and our four bowlers tired. On top of that the ball became older.

I would expect Sussex to exceed the Lancs first innings score.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
All we need to do is draw with Lancashire (so they cannot catch up) and win the last game away to Northants .

Chances are remaining matches will be rained off at this stage of the season, especially for the team playing in Manchester.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

yeah, totally agree.

Robbo took over as head coach Oct 2005

County Championship
Winners 2006, 2007.
CC Div 2 winners 2010

C&G 50 over trophy
Winners 2006
Runners up 2008

Pro 40 League
Winners 2008, 2009

Twenty/20 Cup
Winners 2009.
Losing semi-finalists 2007, 2012

Yup, a truely shitty record

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
All we need to do is draw with Lancashire (so they cannot catch up) and win the last game away to Northants .

Chances are remaining matches will be rained off at this stage of the season, especially for the team playing in Manchester.

Yes, I have got the impression we have rather set out to draw the game with Lancs with a lengthy batting line up and a wicket which at least appears to me to be pretty docile. We do continue to punch rather above our weight and Magoffin continues to be very good for us.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Good morning for sussex after a shakey start Joyce n Gnasher both making half centuries . Anderson looks a bit tasty but other than him we look pretty comfortable , cue a post lunch collapse .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
yeah, totally agree.

Robbo took over as head coach Oct 2005

County Championship
Winners 2006, 2007.
CC Div 2 winners 2010

C&G 50 over trophy
Winners 2006
Runners up 2008

Pro 40 League
Winners 2008, 2009

Twenty/20 Cup
Winners 2009.
Losing semi-finalists 2007, 2012

Yup, a truely shitty record

So in the 4 years since 2010 our honours board has not been added to and the best we can boast is Losing Semi Finalists Twenty/20 Cup 2012 ? I think across 4 years and four competitons each season, that is a truely shitty record.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So in the 4 years since 2010 our honours board has not been added to and the best we can boast is Losing Semi Finalists Twenty/20 Cup 2012 ? I think across 4 years and four competitons each season, that is a truely shitty record.
Taking into account budgets, our fair share of those 16 trophies is somewhere between 0 and 1.

So, yes, you are right, we have underachieved in the past four years.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Taking into account budgets, our fair share of those 16 trophies is somewhere between 0 and 1.

So, yes, you are right, we have underachieved in the past four years.

I have always taken the view that one goes to Sussex to enjoy the cricket and any competition wins are a bonus. It was a really good day's cricket yesterday with a good level of determination from both sides. On paper we have a competitive batting side but I feel we have been light on over limit bowling these past few years. We have suffered a good bit from injuries this year which has not helped.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
207/2 and as said above, we bat pretty deep - The Goff at no. 10 could wreak havoc!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here