Sussex greatest footballers?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
most of Sussex is too posh for football

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
I don't know if they were Sussex born but the Brown family from Lewes was well known in the 60's. Stan played in the first division for Fulham for many years. Younger brother Gary was an Albion apprentice at one time and I think another brother played for Lewes. Looking at the list so far it seems we've done well in recent years to produce so many players who have had a decent league career.
We might have missed Russell Martin but didn't BZ have a spell at Norwich before he went to Bristol Rovers?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't know if they were Sussex born but the Brown family from Lewes was well known in the 60's. Stan played in the first division for Fulham for many years. Younger brother Gary was an Albion apprentice at one time and I think another brother played for Lewes. Looking at the list so far it seems we've done well in recent years to produce so many players who have had a decent league career.
We might have missed Russell Martin but didn't BZ have a spell at Norwich before he went to Bristol Rovers?

Stan Brown helped out with the coaching of my team (Bridge View) when I was kid. Good bloke.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
adrian thorne was a local lad,hadn't been in the team long when he scored 5 against watford,must be some sort of record in itself

stevie piper been mentioned?

fellow newhavener mick ring,pretty sure i see him play against us for hull city

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bobby Tambling from Chichester way i think although it might have been Trebilcoe who played for Everton

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I was a Bennett Boy, had some proper football and Rugby matches against your lot!!

Good times, albeit a shit school for education!!

I can remember getting a right bollocking from my pe teacher after a football match I played against Bennett. I tried to clear the ball off the line with an overhead kick and ended up toeing it into the roof of our own goal.

I think the teacher took exception to me running the length of the pitch celebrating my own goal.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
One that got away:
Russell Martin.

Released 2004, now plying his trade as (bloody) Norwich's first choice right back having worked his way up from Lewes via Wycombe and Peterborough.

Nickname: 'The Norfolk Cafu'

Born in Brighton, just turned 26, Brighton supporter

He was a spurs fan the 5 years I went to school with him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here