Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Express Falmer Vote!!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
So what league do you feel McPhee could score regularly at? I doubt he could do it in the conference south. You want to judge strikers on goals. Ok, well hasn't he passed TWO DAYS of football without a goal? That is a DISGRACE, and how he picks up his money at the end of the week I do not know.

why do you doubt that he could do it in conference south?

he scored goals in league one. and his other 5 goals that season came in cup competitions against sides from league two and the conference - which is a pretty good indication that he is good enough for that sort of level

do you have any prove, apart from 2 goals, that ramsay can cut it in the league?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
But Ramsay has obviously improved as a player since he left us. McPhee is going backwards, as his grand total of ONE goal for Torquay this season indicates (oh, and even that was against Leatherhead or some other shitty non league team). The guy's a joke, and not fit to lace Ramsay's boots. Face it, McCarthy, this is just another player you have totally misjudged:nono:

ramsay has been palying regular football for 6 years now since leaving us, so he is bound to have improved somewhat - especially since he has found his level

mcphee has not had a regular run of games since around december 2003, due to injuries. when he had a regular run of games and was match fit he scored 9 goals in half a season at a level that is four higher than ramsay is at. when mcphee gets a regular run i would back him to score for fun at any level from league one down

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:drink: 97% know it is the ONLY site.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Mcphee has made 33 appearances this season (admittedly mainly as sub) and has scored ONE goal for a team that is one place above non league. How can you try and justify that? He's not a youngster who deserves time anymore. He is costing Torquay, and there comes a point you have to accept he's not good enough. Why does your blind love get in the way every time?

you've answered your own question there though haven't you - mainly as sub. chris mcphee is not an impact player who can come off the bench and net at will - he needs time to get into the game to get himself a goal

the facts remain - in the professional game chris mcphee averages a goal every 9.6 games, while ramsays record is a paltry 7.7142857142857142857142857142857 games - while i feel settles the argument

maybe if you got yourself off of the recreational drugs then you might realise you are as good at judging a player as you are at fixing a puncture in coventry:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here