Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Batting is looking like a different proposition since the ball was changed

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The TV stream is top notch. How honoured we are to live in these days.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember how excited I used to be as a kid of Sussex were on the box. These days.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very good crowd in. Who would have thought it on a nice day in early summer ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone making the journey tomorrow, looks like the best route is the direct to London Bridge and the Jubilee line direct to St John's Wood. Should be a good day for it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember a few years back we played Middlesex on cup final day (I think it was 2006). We were playing at Horsham and Mushy wrapped up the Middlesex innings on the stroke of lunch, leading to a stonking Sussex win.

Maybe it's a good omen

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Anyone making the journey tomorrow, looks like the best route is the direct to London Bridge and the Jubilee line direct to St John's Wood. Should be a good day for it.
Thanks…really looking forward to watching a proper sport, all that kicking ball stuff is ok but this is the king of all sport.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am thinking of going to Lords tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can pay on the gate?
Never paid on the gate, but the official website says this;

On the day sales
There will be an ability to purchase ‘walk-up’ tickets on the day. These will be available via the North Gate ticket office until 1pm on match days. Lord’s is a cashless ground, so UK credit or debit cards only will be accepted as payment. After 1pm, tickets can be purchased directly from the Club services office, access via the No 6 car park gate on Grove End Road. Ticket prices are reduced at the start of the Afternoon Tea interval. Please note, any tickets purchased on the day from the ticket office, and not on-line will NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND, under any circumstances.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Never paid on the gate, but the official website says this;

On the day sales
There will be an ability to purchase ‘walk-up’ tickets on the day. These will be available via the North Gate ticket office until 1pm on match days. Lord’s is a cashless ground, so UK credit or debit cards only will be accepted as payment. After 1pm, tickets can be purchased directly from the Club services office, access via the No 6 car park gate on Grove End Road. Ticket prices are reduced at the start of the Afternoon Tea interval. Please note, any tickets purchased on the day from the ticket office, and not on-line will NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND, under any circumstances.
I was about to say that I paid on the gate last time I went to Lords, but then had a depressing, gear grinding moment as I realised that was 12 years ago. Urgh.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And a ton up for Simpson! What a superb signing he’s turned out to be

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Extra bonus point. That wasn't looking likely. Happy days !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The upside is that solid batting on a docile track could raise Sussex 500+. The downside is that it's a Lords flat top and well have to bowl really well to take 20 wickets. The match against Glamorgan in the early season produced two totals of 600+

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports