[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Lord's match against Middlesex starting on Friday will be a bit TASTY. Not only is it a top of the table clash featuring Sussex captain John Simpson against his old club; it's Jack Carson against his ex girlfriend's dad, Ian Salisbury, who was sacked from Sussex in mysterious circumstances and is now a Middlesex bowling coach.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Lord's match against Middlesex starting on Friday will be a bit TASTY. Not only is it a top of the table clash featuring Sussex captain John Simpson against his old club; it's Jack Carson against his ex girlfriend's dad, Ian Salisbury, who was sacked from Sussex in mysterious circumstances and is now a Middlesex bowling coach.
Very, very tasty. I would like to get to a few hours play if all the stars align.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Incredibly, I haven't been to Lords since 1995. I used to have a Middlesex membership. I was never a supporter, but the out of town badge was so cheap that I used to spend the odd Saturday up there watching whoever was playing. Always a worthy visit.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Which bits of Lords are open for Middlesex County Championship games? For only £20 it’s quite tempting.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Which bits of Lords are open for Middlesex County Championship games? For only £20 it’s quite tempting.
When I went a couple of years ago I had a great seat in the grandstand but seem to recall most of the ground was open apart from maybe some of the upper tiers of the Compton and Edrich stands.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I remember going to a T20 game one sunny
Sunday we won but it got quite fractious between a boozed up mob of ours and a few of theirs who started bating them.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Champo at Lord's is one of the best value days out there is.

Stands depend which side of the square the pitch is on. They will open either the Edrich/Mound/Tavern stands or the Compton and Grand stands.

The pavilion, Warner and Allen stands are always open for members (and Sussex members can go into the pavilion if they're smartly dressed - jacket and tie for chaps and dress or suit for ladies).

Buy tickets on the Lord's website and scan your phone on the gate -- it's cashless. And you can take in your own booze! One bottle of wine or two cans per person. The bag checks are not all that rigorous either *cough*

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Flying start. I’m put off from going by the presence of a lot of squawking school children on the YouTube. Can’t have people enjoying themselves.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sussex fielding arguably their best 11 based on recent performances...crazy start...just had some involuntary seepage!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just about to tune in. I hope they haven't produced another bowler's graveyard like they did for the Glamorgan match.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Just about to tune in. I hope they haven't produced another bowler's graveyard like they did for the Glamorgan match.

It certainly looks like a road on the stream, they commented on the lack of grass earlier.

I suppose both teams would be fairly happy with a draw and maximum batting points but it won't be much of a spectacle

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I'm here today sitting with my Middlesex mates. Hollman and Bamber playing today both came through the club in I play at.

Really amazing story that the two of them, plus Cracknell (plays white ball) and Harris who I think has since been released, all made it pro within a couple of years. All through the same league club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports