Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sussex are doing stuff within their means. I've long accepted that it's a period of mediocrity and using local talent. I've no problem with Rob Andrew. For me, 'it is what it is'.

It's a problem for the game generally. The counties that have cash have the talent. But, if you think about it, there is no Archer or Robinson available to us and Sussex cannot pay the money to bring in too many big names.

We are a small county now. I quite like being the underdog.
Sorry that's crap, we are well in the black in the bank balance compared to other County sides. Going from a forward thinking club we are now just lining pockets of the admin of the club.

If you can't compete on any of the forms of the game you start losing money. We are pathetic on the field with hardly any names that draw the crowds, it shit and Andrews takes the blame for that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry that's crap, we are well in the black in the bank balance compared to other County sides. Going from a forward thinking club we are now just lining pockets of the admin of the club.

If you can't compete on any of the forms of the game you start losing money. We are pathetic on the field with hardly any names that draw the crowds, it shit and Andrews takes the blame for that.
Do you have evidence of this ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

It’s hard to argue although the red ball team is holding their own in Div 2 of county championship, which is an improvement on the previous few years.

It could be argued that we are a land owner and property developer that puts on the occasional pop concert, and runs a cricket team.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s hard to argue although the red ball team is holding their own in Div 2 of county championship, which is an improvement on the previous few years.

It could be argued that we are a land owner and property developer that puts on the occasional pop concert, and runs a cricket team.
Indeed

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our only chance is to ask for it to be played at Lourdes

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Be really nice for Ravi to get some runs, he hasn’t turned up really in the games I’ve watched, looks nervy from the first ball.

Jul 7, 2003
Live on Sky tonight - hope they have some extra content ready to cover the overs lost by our next failure.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
12-0 off 2

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
knocking around singles in the power play.
i guess it’s what struggling T20 teams do to address giving away wickets for fun in previous games.
It’s just another way of being crap though.
You have to attack the pp.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here