Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely that can't be it??

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The key last summer was getting the business done early as we were essentially rebuilding the squad post the Hypia / Burke car crash. That squad needed bedding in during pre season.

As this summer it is just a small number of additions to the squad to improve it, whilst it would have been nice to have them in for the pre-season, the urgency is not the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The key last summer was getting the business done early as we were essentially rebuilding the squad post the Hypia / Burke car crash. That squad needed bedding in during pre season.

As this summer it is just a small number of additions to the squad to improve it, whilst it would have been nice to have them in for the pre-season, the urgency is not the same.

Other than having to play Bruno at CB against Derby Saturday. I believe we have been down that route against them in previous seasons with out of position CBs

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Other than having to play Bruno at CB against Derby Saturday. I believe we have been down that route against them in previous seasons with out of position CBs

But two of the centre backs are injured. I agree we need one more, but do not want them signing a Ridgewell type player as he can do a job. Would rather the new centre back is challenging the other 3 for a place when all are fit.

I would probably have risked Dallison there, rather than loan him out. He could have gone out on deadline day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But two of the centre backs are injured. I agree we need one more, but do not want them signing a Ridgewell type player as he can do a job. Would rather the new centre back is challenging the other 3 for a place when all are fit.

I would probably have risked Dallison there, rather than loan him out. He could have gone out on deadline day.

100% this.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Unless it has changed, surely the real horse trading can't start until after the Premier League requirement that their clubs have registered their squads for the coming season.

Premier clubs will then have to decide to offload those surplus to requirements and only then will Football League clubs be able to see just who all are available.

No need to become excited until nearer the time the window closes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

For fear of repeating myself offer a 6 month contract with the possibility of another 6 months to Haagarland released by CPFC. at the worst it will give us breathing space for Goldson and Hunemier

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is absolutely zero need to 'replace' Elvis.

He was replaced in January when we brought in Skalak and Knockaert
Good point. Same logic really that Towell actually replaced JFC in advance.

Like it.

Of those gone or going :

COG->Zamora->Murray
Crofts->Sidwell
Calderon->Hornby-Forbes
Chicksen->Adekugbe
JFC->Towell
Elvis->Skalak
Holla->Norwood

Leaving just Greer and Wilson to be replaced :rock:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[FONT=&quot]Just saying like, from the final game of last season:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Stockdale - still here
Bruno[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - still here[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Greer
Goldson[/FONT]
Rosenior[/FONT]
Knockaert[/FONT]
Stephens[/FONT]
Kayal[/FONT]
Murphy[/FONT]
Hemed[/FONT]
Baldock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - still here[/FONT]

Subs:
[FONT=&quot]
Maenpaa[/FONT]
Bong[/FONT]
Calderon
Wilson
LuaLua[/FONT]
Sidwell[/FONT]
Skalak[/FONT]

And did not play:
Lewis Dunk[/FONT]
Herman the German[/FONT]
Solly March[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - still here

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That wasn't a bad squad was it? And with the exception of two releases... [insert text here][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Added so far:
Glenn Murray
Oliver Norwood

[/FONT]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree. I was disappointed when Dallison went to Cambridge as I think he could make the step up.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We really need to sign a striker on a perm, it would not be good in my opinion to have 2 loan strikers as our main front men, be a big kick in the teeth to Hemed and Baldock if both were replaced with loans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here