Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sweeeeeeeeeet! Great day (so far). Palace losing to a Barnes' goal but, more importantly, Norwich lost and Huddersfied drew. If we can beat Bristol City we'd go 5 points clear in 2nd place with a strong GD, effectively a two win cushion. Immense opportunity beckons at 17:30. Bring it on! :albion2:

And Pompey (#twats) lost at home again

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hope Pardew doesn't get sacked though.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
And Pompey (#twats) lost at home again

I really wanted them to draw so they had an extra match to play. Unfortunately I can see them doing well in the league now as last season they made the fourth round of the FA Cup and it distracted them somewhat.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Fantastic to see this thread still has legs.

Thanks again to Ashley Barnes.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We had a couple of sloppy moments at the back over 90 minutes but that's because we're trying to transition to a more possession based approach. Palace actually played very well yesterday, nobody was below a 7/10 and a few players in particular (Zaha, Townsend, Mcarthur) were magnificent.

I'm not sure who you mean by "all the half decent teams". Palace aren't competing with Sunderland/Stoke/Hull for relegation spots. With the squad we've got, anything less than a top half finish would be a failure. The likes of Mandanda, Dann, Cabaye, Zaha and Benteke won't stick around if we're sat in 14th place at the end of the season.

:clap::clap: I just love this post, Oh and the fact Ashley Barnes got the winner to push you down to fifteenth , makes it all the more special.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm having a MAMMOTH bet on Palace going down, all the RATS leaving the SINKING ship now. When we go UP the Premier League will welcome us with OPEN arms as there are too many TINPOT teams like Palace and Bournemouth spoiling it now.

How can they sell the TV rights to China when they show DUMPS like Selhurst and Dean Court ?

PROVE it on here then! I reckon you're talking out your ARSE. No way should we be near the bottom 3 with the team we have now.
Lol! This is nice. Early days, and they've disappointed before, but things are shaping up nicely.[emoji2]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hope Pardew doesn't get sacked though.

Indeed. With the little bit of genuine quality that they DO have in their squad, Pardew is one of only a few managers who could actually lead Palace into the Championship.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:clap::clap: I just love this post, Oh and the fact Ashley Barnes got the winner to push you down to fifteenth , makes it all the more special.

oh yes. golfing claps here in appreciation during the replays of that winner on MotD.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I think old Simmo's got a crush on Dougie !
Would you prefer Dougie to be a he or a she ???

30 mins & 1hr 30mins since the final whistle - impressive stats :clap2:

Oh and just so you know, Sam Vokes is ex-BHA too :thumbsup:

I know 60% said champions league last year in a Croydon Adverstiser poll, and 67% this year, but surely you've Gotta be aiming at 4th at best now lads with that gap getting wider? The lucky win at Sunderland was extremely fortunate for the situation would be a lot different and we'd be looking at Europa at best...?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just watched the MOTD Sunday morning repeat. So great to see two ex Albion strikers deal with Palace in such a painful way. Pardew looked a broken man in the post match interview - poor sausage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here