Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' bar/beer/drinks update 2

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£3.80 a pint?? gawd help us when(if) we ever get to premiership prices..

Just in line with town centre prices though isn't it really.
A pint of Kronie down my local (Portslade) is currently £3.30, but outside of a Wetherspoons you're not going to get a premium lager anywhere in Brighton for much shy of £4.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The people complaining about prices, have you been to any pub in central Brighton recently. The prices are decent seeing as they basically have a monoply on us.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hot food
Homemade steak & ale pie £3.50
Homemade chicken & ham pie £3.50
Homemade vegetarian pie £3.50
Hotdog £3.50
Beefburger £4.00
Cheeseburger £4.20
Vegetarian burger £4.00
Crispy chilli beef & noodles £6.50
Thai green curry & rice £6.50
Thai vegetable curry & rice £6.50
Kids meal £3.50 (Mini pie, mini hotdog or mini burger with fruit shoot, oreo twins or fruit bag & a toy)

Hot drinks
Tea £1.80
White coffee £1.80
Black coffee £1.80
Hot chocolate £1.80
Bovril £1.80

Cold drinks
Harveys real ale £3.60
Fosters £3.60
Kronenbourg £3.80
Strongbow £3.80
Red wine £3.80
White wine £3.80
Rose wine £3.80
Soft drinks £2.00
Bottled water £1.50

Snacks
Chocolate bars £1.00
Hanging bags £2.50
Crisps £1.00

Meal Deals
Pie & Pint* £6.50
Hot Dog & Pint* £6.50
Burger & Pint* £7.00
Thai Curry & Pint* £9.50

*Looking at the artwork, 'pint' seems to refer to Foster's, Strongbow and Kronenbourg only. Needs clarifying, that one

Should be £3.00 a pint Max.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just in line with town centre prices though isn't it really.
A pint of Kronie down my local (Portslade) is currently £3.30, but outside of a Wetherspoons you're not going to get a premium lager anywhere in Brighton for much shy of £4.

This is true but in town you'll have a seat in a warm pub. Although i'm sure the Amex will have nice walkways ect I was hoping for a slightly better price to entice us to stay after the game and arrive early.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It bemuses me why some people are getting all exercised about booze choices and prices at the AMEX.

First, this is a place where people will have a few pints once a fortnight between the middle of August and the end of May. It's not going to be your local.
Second, the breadth of choice of lagers, real ales and ciders (plus Guinness and wines) knocks what is on offer at other stadia into a cocked hat. Kudos to those who have achieved this.
Third, the prices seem to be broadly in-step with what pubs charge.
Fourth, Season Ticket prices and the option of paying monthly went far beyond most people's expectations. In that context, what's 50p here or there on a couple of pints?
Fifth, one man has made £100+ million available to build the stadium. Complaining about drink choices (when you consider the choice on offer) and prices (given that they are more or less priced at the going rate anyway) just seems churlish.
Sixth, if you really don't like anything from the wide choice available, or genuinely feel you are being ripped off, you still have the option of drinking somewhere else before and after games.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Insider responded to a question on ATC re cashless at Amex that

Cash can also be used, but there will be incentives to use the ecash card.

Now will that be a discount to use your card, or a penalty price hike to use cash ?

I think I know where my money is going ! (on the card)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here