Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support Today

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done to all those that travelled, you sounded loud on the telly. Reading on the other hand......:tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
1680 ish BHA today

Noise was excellent, could only hear one set of fans singing (and one set drumming). Numbers a bit disappointing.

Do you think we would have sold out an allocation of 3k to Old Trafford? I know a Club that couldn't:whistle:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Go left go left was great today, I remember after the third or fourth line they started "you what, you what" chant, which drowned out The Judge a bit and it tailed off a little, goes to show that it's one of our unique ones that no one else can copy.

Absolutely! It got going looooud again at the end once the 3 Reading fans had shut up. It also is gd as lasts a fairly long time....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Go left go left was great today, I remember after the third or fourth line they started "you what, you what" chant, which drowned out The Judge a bit and it tailed off a little, goes to show that it's one of our unique ones that no one else can copy.

No it wasn't, I had to bury my head in my hands when that was sung - awful and it was shit 30 years ago

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No it wasn't, I had to bury my head in my hands when that was sung - awful and it was shit 30 years ago

Well fifteen hundred or so other people seemed to quite enjoy it, so...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was someone with a drum in the home end occasionally, and then after about 40 minutes, a trumpeter piped up out of nowhere. What the hell was he doing before that?

Anyway, the even better bit was that he seemed to only have one song in his repertoire (You Are My Sunshine), and on the two occasions he tried it, he was rapidly drowned out by the Oscar Garcia version.

I bet he bought it specially to take to football, but could only cope with one song, so it's all he plays. There is a reason people hate the England Band, Trumpeteer. Think on that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

There was someone with a drum in the home end occasionally, and then after about 40 minutes, a trumpeter piped up out of nowhere. What the hell was he doing before that?

Anyway, the even better bit was that he seemed to only have one song in his repertoire (You Are My Sunshine), and on the two occasions he tried it, he was rapidly drowned out by the Oscar Garcia version.

I bet he bought it specially to take to football, but could only cope with one song, so it's all he plays. There is a reason people hate the England Band, Trumpeteer. Think on that.

Haha that's exactly what we were all saying on our coach home - the trumpet suddenly appeared from nowhere. Also sounded like it was music coming through the p.a. it was that muffled... very very very odd...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I all but convinced myself the drum and trumpet was being piped in, it sounded odd.

Even when they had a go at poohgate, they listened intently to the reply laughed and clapped, I mean come on!!.

Leeds are going to eat them for supper on Tuesday.

Feb 14, 2010
Clubs who have fans with a drum really are similar sets of fans. Totally different to the Brighton's of this world. Palace and Reading's of this world are just a different sort of fan base, just plastic. I suppose they never had to test their fan base like we did with the sale of the Goldstone but even so, I'm so glad I dont support a club like that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here